Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Spec-Ops Tuned- Justins Evo VIII with IX turbo E85 & ER SD Programming

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JorgeYaHeard
Great Results, car looks strong! Freddie is definitely an awesome tuner! Did you swap to an aftermarket wga or just adjust preload?
Just adjusted preload
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:30 PM
Account Disabled

Adding preload like this has to be monitored carefully... the car was creeping really bad the first few pulls because we preloaded it a bit much, backed the turnbuckle off only 1/2 a turn and hit the sweet spot. So it is kinda trial and error. I did remove some threads off the IX WGA to get a tad more preload as well...
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can tune better.........Ehhhhhhh wait Im a wrencher never mind lol. Nice work Freddie, It seems everyone is going backwards and going to a small turbo from a large one lol.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:51 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks Josh, good luck with your monster build bro!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops
Thanks Josh, good luck with your monster build bro!
Np.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Justin is a Spec-Ops sponsored car and is a regular member in the local car show scene. He had had enough of the big turbo blues and decided to swap back to a IX turbo and put the car on E85. Thanks again to ER for there very unique SD programming! Car was swapped from a 6162 on 93oct and he is happier than ever for switching back!

EVO VIII MODS
Stock Block
Stock IX turbo
Ported Exhaust Manifold
Ebay O2 Housing
3" Turbo Back Exhaust
4" SD Intake
Muse UICP/LICP
R/TErnie Race Engineering 3.5" Intercooler
PTE 1200cc Injectors
Single Wlabro 255
GSC S2 Cams w/ Ferrera Dual Valve Springs
Tial Q BOV
AEM Tru-Boost
Freddie,

That is some very impressive tuning, you guy's certainly have things dialed in. Goad_white03 has chosen his parts well & the dyno charts reflect that. It's great to a bunch of soldiers who were into Evo's in a big way, start a business. I hope the troops are supporting you mate, especially with the extra coin saved on Op's.

I'm retired from the Aussie Army & had the pleasure to relieve a Marine Corp Battalion in Somalia in "93" & also went over to Hawaii in "97" to work with the Army. We just had different accents & craved the same things - mail (when on Op's overseas), women, steak/seafood & **** (beer etc not agro as you boys thought lol).

Originally Posted by goad_white03
So me and Freddie decided to try a different WGA with more preload to see if we could get the car to hold more boost, well below are the results. We had to turn the boost down because we were getting way to much tq for my stock block! Enjoy!

Thanks to Spec-Ops Motorsports for a wonderful sponsorship and to Freddie@Spec-Ops for his great tuning! Very Very happy with the car now, No more big turbos for me, Stock Frame all the way! Also Thanks to English Racing for the SD Setup on the car! I dont know how they do it but it runs so smooth!!!
goad_white03 I love your set up & the power it produces. That second chart showing a tweak of the preload on the wastegate actuator is golden, what an absolute powerhouse you have built up. Well done to both you & Freddie.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks a lot Steveevo9!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:48 AM
Account Disabled

Steveevo9, thanks for the kind words, but I can't take all the credit for the tune... We have a strong relationship with English Racing, as Mikey and I used to be loyal customers when we lived in Washington State. They are one of the most down to earth shops in the community, and they also look out for military members as well as Aarons dad was a drill instructor!

We truely pride ourselves on helping out our armed forces bretheren in anyway we can! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to give us a shout!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
So you are trying to keep the TQ around the 400 mark to keep the bottom end from blowing up? What grade of E85 are you running out there?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Steveevo9, thanks for the kind words, but I can't take all the credit for the tune... We have a strong relationship with English Racing, as Mikey and I used to be loyal customers when we lived in Washington State. They are one of the most down to earth shops in the community, and they also look out for military members as well as Aarons dad was a drill instructor!

We truely pride ourselves on helping out our armed forces bretheren in anyway we can! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to give us a shout!
Yes BIG Thanks to English Racing also! As i moved from WA down to FL, English Racing is a great shop and a great friend!

Originally Posted by TheBoz
So you are trying to keep the TQ around the 400 mark to keep the bottom end from blowing up? What grade of E85 are you running out there?
Yes i wanna keep it around 400 mark due to it being a daily driver and now has 97k miles on it.

As for the Grade of E85 idk, Freddie can you answer that?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:42 AM
Account Disabled

No I can't... LOL It is E85 straight out the pump... we are in FL, so we not sure if the blend changes or not... I know this is the same batch they have had for at least 3 months now...
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Preload ftw...

Thank you for the support Justin!

Mikey
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by goad_white03
Thanks a lot Steveevo9!
You're very welcome Justin, look after that licence mate lol that's some nasty power.

Thanks for the offer Freddie, I see you guy's always have specials like your FIC injectors Mickey was offering.

I know of English Racing, they have an enviable reputation & help out peeps here all the the time. If you chat with Aaron tell him I'm sorry for his traumatised upbringing, I used to be a drill sergeant for 3yrs myself, we are a little over the top lol.

Good luck at Spec Ops in 2012. Have a great Xmas lads!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:19 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks again sir!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
What difference between the er sd rom and publicly available roms?

Quick Reply: Spec-Ops Tuned- Justins Evo VIII with IX turbo E85 & ER SD Programming