Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

TSCOMPtuned STOCK TURBO E85 MONSTER - 420WHP/430WTQ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSCOMPtuned STOCK TURBO E85 MONSTER - 420WHP/430WTQ

I hope this shows people that it is possible to make a good amount of power on a budget. Car was completely stock with a catback exhaust when I got it.

Perrin air filter
Cobb 3" downpipe
Random 3" testpipe
HKS Hi-Power Catback
MUSE LICP
Synapse Synchronic DV
Hallman MBC
Walbro 255 fuel pump
PTE 1200cc injectors
GSC S2 CAMS + GSC VALVESPRINGS
Exedy Twin HD
Spoolin Up COP

Stock Throttlebody
Stock O2 Housing
Stock Intake/Exhaust Manifolds
Stock UICP
Stock Intake

STOCK TURBO/STOCK BLOCK

This was originally intended to be a budget built evo. I wasn't planning on spending more than ~$1500. Unfortunately the stock clutch went out on me... and the stock ignition coils couldn't keep up. If I had driven to a shop I would've been screwed... Luckily, because it was a remote tune, Tom worked with me and we would make adjustments after each issue was fixed.

I think it is definitely possible to make ~400whp on a stock car in good condition with just ~$1000 worth of mods including the tune. Tom has very good pricing compared with the bigger shops. I got my evo back in April and was planning on being tuned by Tom from the minute I started reading the forums. I started the tune in September and finally finished due to many things holding up the tune (clutch, ignition, boost leak, etc). One thing I learned during this process was patience. I was always in a rush trying to get the tune completed ASAP... I'm sure Tom is just as busy as the president and I'd constantly bug him

I'm glad I can say that the car drives VERY smooth and PULLS HARD. It drives smoother than most stock cars do...

2005 EVO 8 MR

AND OF COURSE THE REASON YOU'RE ALL READING THIS THREAD

For all the Virtual Dyno doubters, my friend came over and we did a pull on the exact same stretch of road that I did the above pull on. His results can be found in this thread : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...al-dyno-s.html His VD results were within +/- 2 of his Dyno results

I'm running about 29 psi right now. I may turn it down for DD and turn it back up whenever I roll next up to a subie I have my Hallman in the cigarette lighter for convenience... stole the idea from Tom GENIUS

The car feels like a MONSTER on the street. The gearing and power curve of this car make it VERY FUN. I can run through the gears and get up to 5th shifting at around 5-6k in the street without going too fast. As you can see in the graph the car makes great power up top too thanks to the cams. It pulls hard from 3500-7500. I'm sure the car could make even more power with a little higher boost but Tom insisted on keeping the torque down for the sake of the stock block. Unfortunately my car didn't want to take it any lower than what's on the graph For a stock turbo/stock block car I think the results are pretty good. Not to mention the engine bay looks completely stock

I'll be taking the car to the strip to see what I run in the spring... shooting for low 11's

Last edited by taylorgang; Dec 24, 2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice! Tom is an excellent tuner! Can't wait to have him get back to work on my Evo!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice numbers, tom definitely has his secrets that help create one helluva daily drivable monster!

you still on the 6 speed?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prowakeskater
nice numbers, tom definitely has his secrets that help create one helluva daily drivable monster!

you still on the 6 speed?
Yes sir... I'm hoping it lasts me at least another year. I don't bang the gears or anything...
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Tom does amazing work.. Great numbers!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice numbers!!!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by taylorgang
Yes sir... I'm hoping it lasts me at least another year. I don't bang the gears or anything...
Lets see who's 6 speed lasts longer lol

Im probably getting a shep 6 next year, but I don't drive her too too hard. I lowered boost on my 4th gear too, so hopefully that prolongs possibilities

Last edited by prowakeskater; Dec 7, 2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
Very nice numbers specially for a stock turbo congrats.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prowakeskater
Lets see who's 6 speed lasts longer lol

Im probably getting a shep 6 next year, but I don't drive her too too hard. I lowered boost on my 4th gear too, so hopefully that prolongs possibilities
If only I had ECU boost I'll turn down my boost a little bit.What is it that makes the 4th gear go out? Would just doing a WOT pull in 4th gear make it go out? Or is it from load put on during a lower RPM?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 09:22 PM

Very impressive!! Must be a fun daily
Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
thanks for sharing your results Ron. The car is very strong for a stock fmic and mild mod list.. gotta love E85.

Here's a pull he just did about an 1hr ago. more hp because i leaned it out just a little more.

Also, he had a passenger in with him.

You didn't mention you're using my old exedy twin hd either lol. its amazing how much abuse that thing has taken by me and still kicks ***.

to others - thanks for the kind words guys.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

very nice its great to have matching torque and hp numbers, enjoy!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the power of cams and a tune, free flowing exhaust, and e85. 430 whp is unbelievable for a stock 9. There are many more mods you can do for more gains
Old Dec 8, 2011, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
You didn't mention you're using my old exedy twin hd either lol. its amazing how much abuse that thing has taken by me and still kicks ***.
Haha yeah its a little noisy and vibrates but it gets the job done! Plus, I have stock-like pedal pressure Just hoping it lasts me another year.

Oh and not to mention I got such a good deal on it

Last edited by taylorgang; Dec 8, 2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Broham
the power of cams and a tune, free flowing exhaust, and e85. 430 whp is unbelievable for a stock 9. There are many more mods you can do for more gains
Its an 8! I'm sure it would've made more power with a IX turbo and more mods

Quick Reply: TSCOMPtuned STOCK TURBO E85 MONSTER - 420WHP/430WTQ