Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

781hp @41lbs ...On E85 ...on a Mustang Dyno ...3rd gear pull.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by way2qik
I would definitely like to see what you did here if you actually have any pics of it

BTW, we also learned something else yesterday that I didn't mention initially... But, now that we have reduced backpressure so significantly, the single 44mm gate is not enough to control boost on this turbo. We're using the AEM electronic boost control, and when we made a little as a 2% change in the duty cycle on the boost control selonoid the boost would change drastically, like 8-10lbs drastically.

True, I am running the gate back into the downpipe, but with the 4inch exhaust I don't thing it would matter if we sent it to o2.

Basically, I need either a Tial 60mm gate, or I need to fab on another gate. At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure this Bullseye turbo is flowing similar CFM to an old-skool Garret GT4202, which always used two gates to control boost.

Even with the gate fully open yesterday, we saw continual boost creep... Last year we didn't have this problem at all. But now we don't have backpressure aiding the gate and the turbo just wants to run away.
Put a restrictor (.040") in the boost reference line to your EBC solenoid. It will help.

Do you have a before and after on the exhaust?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
That is awesome man... especially on that dyno. Good work I'm sure it will trap 155+ no problem.

Tom - I made 455 on that dyno and trapped 138.

Last edited by badev0; Mar 20, 2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Put a restrictor (.040") in the boost reference line to your EBC solenoid. It will help.

Can u explain this more/results, thanks. Never heard of doing this, but I ran a mbc/tial 38.

Carmi

Edit: 11:1 comp, wow! I don't know if I'll ever get use to hearing that it when not talking NA.

Last edited by MOREPSiTEHBETT4; Mar 20, 2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: 11:1!! Dayyyum
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
Still on stock fuel rail?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have a before and after on the exhaust?
The problem is that even with the gate fully open the boost will creep from about 24 on up to 28-29psi on a wastegate spring pull. The reason for this is that there is now very little backpressure after the turbo. This is allowing the turbo to just run away... Last year, with the 3inch downpipe and exhaust, the boost on wastegate spring would run a rock solid 24-25lbs everytime all the way through a pull. I think the backpressure in the exhaust system last year was keeping the turbine-wheel speed in check.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badev0
That is awesome man... especially on that dyno. Good work I'm sure it will trap 155+ no problem.

Tom - I made 455 on that dyno and trapped 138.
Thanks Scott.

Originally Posted by griceiv
Still on stock fuel rail?
No. It has an aftermarket rail on it.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would also say try upgrading your fuel lines since your still on stock. that would be the cheapest and easiest thing to try first. emery at stm is using BR doubler pumper on there new rs build and that made 805whp on there MD. and im not 100% sure but i think that they were using that on the ricer as well that made 871whp
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The problem is not the pumps. Look into the lines and base pressure. We have no signs of running out at all with my RS and its making pretty good power. We use -8 line forward. If you need us to we can make you a line kit like the one in my RS.

-Em
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Great numbers.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Very impressive no.s

Makes me proud knowing the power potential exists w/ a modded 4G63

How about a few pics of the overall car. Would like to see what it looks like
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wicked!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The restrictor pill will linearize your boost relative to WGDC %. It won't fix creep.

If you run more boost, you'll have less creep That would be my suggestion.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

The restrictor pill will linearize your boost relative to WGDC %. It won't fix creep.

If you run more boost, you'll have less creep That would be my suggestion.
I like how u think
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
I will get some pix, basically a bulkhead connector like the BR but I used a -8 Bulkhead to a 90*. Then I ran the line to the pump where the EVAP had been (even used that bracket) and ran lines like normal. I might have some in my 2.2LR build thread actually.

Aaron

Originally Posted by way2qik
I would definitely like to see what you did here if you actually have any pics of it

BTW, we also learned something else yesterday that I didn't mention initially... But, now that we have reduced backpressure so significantly, the single 44mm gate is not enough to control boost on this turbo. We're using the AEM electronic boost control, and when we made a little as a 2% change in the duty cycle on the boost control selonoid the boost would change drastically, like 8-10lbs drastically.

True, I am running the gate back into the downpipe, but with the 4inch exhaust I don't thing it would matter if we sent it to o2.

Basically, I need either a Tial 60mm gate, or I need to fab on another gate. At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure this Bullseye turbo is flowing similar CFM to an old-skool Garret GT4202, which always used two gates to control boost.

Even with the gate fully open yesterday, we saw continual boost creep... Last year we didn't have this problem at all. But now we don't have backpressure aiding the gate and the turbo just wants to run away.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another 11:1 compression user here. LOL Except mines not making that much power... What size is you turbo in mm? What was you injector duty cycle on those dyno runs? My injectors were around 90% when i made 735 also with twin 255"s. Are you sure your pumps are just tired? walboro's get that way quick. I only run them 2-3 years. I got a new set bout to go in right now. If you think they are good, the other culprit is your feed line as Emery suggested. Its a fairly cheep mod anyway. It couldnt hurt. I think i put mine together for less than $125 from summit with a fuel filter.

Last edited by browningderek; Mar 20, 2012 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: 781hp @41lbs ...On E85 ...on a Mustang Dyno ...3rd gear pull.