Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Disappointing tune?!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 9evolution
^ i pm'd the op to go to petey
+1
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
alot of threads like this are showing up recently, you need to remember the customer is the boss, and the tuner is lucky to have you, if your not happy with the service tell the tuner and get some answers. Any good tuner will AT LEAST do a boost leak test before tuning.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea I never felt like I had any input in anythin which is another reason
I'm not thrilled either. Half the business is the workk you do and the other half is customer service! They did do a test n said I had a small boost leak n repaird it that's the only input
I had weather I wanted them to cause there was a charge.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:02 AM

O well so I guess my numbers are low :-/ I'll jus have to save up
N go to a dif tuner
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Why not post the name of the tuner so the rest of us know not to go there?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Why not post the name of the tuner so the rest of us know not to go there?
The thread will get closed instantly I'm sure. Then there will be 100 folks who state it's the OP's fault. His car is junk, etc...

OP I would suggest having the car gone over boost leaks, compression tests, leak down if possible, Make sure timing is correct, etc... So that when your next tuning appt. comes you know she's 100%
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
The thread will get closed instantly I'm sure. Then there will be 100 folks who state it's the OP's fault. His car is junk, etc...

OP I would suggest having the car gone over boost leaks, compression tests, leak down if possible, Make sure timing is correct, etc... So that when your next tuning appt. comes you know she's 100%
Very true. I sort of just assumed that the OP's car was alright . PM me?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:34 AM

Yea im not puttin the name on here cuase obviously it will start fights and get the thread closed. And as far as i kno and was told my car is perfectly fine. And im not sayin they are bad bad tuners theres reviews on here and other places i have read that people were satisfied so this could jus be my expierence but i kno what my setup should be capable of, and i kno i didnt get my full moneys worth. And if there was anything wrong than the tuner should tell me and nothin was said so like i said as far as i kno and anyhting i was told wasent anything wrong with the car..
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gsrboi80

TRUTH ^^^

I'm sure the Tuner will come on here and defend himself shortly. He seems to be a pretty stand up guy although I have no personal experiance with him.

But highly recommend Petey. Thats my dude right there.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nos5180
Yea im not puttin the name on here cuase obviously it will start fights and get the thread closed. And as far as i kno and was told my car is perfectly fine. And im not sayin they are bad bad tuners theres reviews on here and other places i have read that people were satisfied so this could jus be my expierence but i kno what my setup should be capable of, and i kno i didnt get my full moneys worth. And if there was anything wrong than the tuner should tell me and nothin was said so like i said as far as i kno and anyhting i was told wasent anything wrong with the car..
The issue is that people make more on the stock turbo with similar mods. Unless something is up with your car, you should've reached your goal w/ a different tuner.

Example:

As everyone mentioned already:

PeteyTurbo
CBRD
KP Tuning

OR

Get remote tuned by JohnBradley.

There are too many incredible tuners out there to get a crappy tune these days.

Good luck OP.

Last edited by Blue91lx; Jul 20, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:43 AM

Kp tuning? Never heard of them?? Who are they where etc??
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Nos5180
It's not just you man I have seen and heard quite a few of the same story. I understand that you only paid the shop to "Tune" the car however the tuner should have realized something was not right and consulted you about it.

Of course you would of had to pay to have the car checked out, but to just give it back to you with no communication is BS...
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Your numbers are def on the low side for your mods,But it could be more then just the tune if it wasn't prepped correctly.. One of my tunes also stalled with the AC on smh,I went through 3 tuners in less then two months to find one i liked,So i feel your pain man! Good luck!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
When i get some slots open id be willing to tune it for you.. and i will make sure you're happy or refund your $ in full.

on another note, was the car boost leak tested? did you confirm everything was healthy before taking it in to get the tune?

in all honesty, if the person that did it is reputable take it back and give him a chance to fix his mistakes.. food for thought.. if he cares about his rep.. which i know he does.. he will fix it right.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this isn't about BASHING, BUT why does the customer (us) have to spend money, get a **** tune, and then have to go spend MORE money elsewhere and the shop just keeps running their piece of **** tunes?

Shouldn't the community be notified? Why defend someone that just sucks on our wallet and we get nothing in return. This just aint fair.

Quick Reply: Disappointing tune?!