Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Disappointing tune?!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yiyo
Who is the tuner???

x2
Old Jul 22, 2012, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no clue either. let them make it right before going to another tuner
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yiyo
Who is the tuner???
x3
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:58 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
OP, please post a graph or vid of the dyno sheets per forum rules. If you don't, this thread will be trashed.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:33 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we would be more than happy to help- and have discussed the matter with the OP-

we would require a pressure test before we tune the car to make sure its in the proper operating condition-

cheers

cb
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

petey is a very good tuner and I feel confident having him tune my car. He texted me at 12am the other night asking me if the base map for my new setup worked and chatted a bit, and yes it fired up my new 2150's on the first try. Petey, CBRD, STM sounds like a good bunch
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nos5180
Ok so I'll keep this simple..I had my car tuned yesterday in the nj area n I don't want to name or bash any tuners that's not why I'm on here..but my mods list is as follows:

Map Ef3 ported with 18psi wastegate
Gsc s1 cams
Jmfab manifold
Map o2 housing
Fic 850cc
Walboro 255 fuel pump
Megan raceing downpipe
Custom made test pipe
Injen intake
Injen upper n lower ic piping
Turboxs bov
Ets 3inch intercooler

Ok so my questionis...my tune came out to be 390hp and 347lb/ft of torque on 93oct. My goals were 450 but as u can see I didn't evn break 400..this was on a dynojet too by the way. Not a mustang dyno. And with a turbo that's rated much higher. So I woulda thought 400 would have been achievable.The tuner didn't really ask my goals or talk to me at all so I'm a little unenthused but I'm not here to bash. Should I be disappointed? Or are these numbers on par for my mods??????

i just tuned about an hour ago, made 407 / 344 on 92oct. EF3 with similar mods. at 27psi dynojet
the red lines are with stock turbo, only difference was ef3 and fixed boost leaks

Arc intake
Tanabe tbe
Gsc s1
Map ef3 ported. Standard housing 18psi wg
Map rev 2 intake manifold
Map short runner exhaust manifold
Map o2 housing external dump
Map egr blockoff plate
Map phenolic IM spacer
Ets 3.5in intercooler
Ets lp2 licp
Apexi avcr
Walbro 255
Fic 1050cc injectors
crushed stock 9 DV
Attached Thumbnails Disappointing tune?!-524296_10150929005473204_1559729510_n.jpg  

Last edited by sup8o8; Jul 23, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Considering these were on a dyno jet I would feel disappointed too.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

So what no one is going to say it's Ivey? Guys beat around the bush on this site too much.

End of the day it's not like Ivey can't tune an evo. There is probably something else wrong with the car not allowing it to make the power it should. OP is probably just upset because his lackluster numbers are being passed off as acceptable instead of the tuner saying "There's something wrong with this car. Leave the car with me one day and we'll take a look"

Last edited by Darksun280; Jul 24, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Darksun280
So what no one is going to say it's Ivey? Guys beat around the bush on this site too much.

End of the day it's not like Ivey can't tune an evo. There is probably something else wrong with the car not allowing it to make the power it should. OP is probably just upset because his lackluster numbers are being passed off as acceptable instead of the tuner saying "There's something wrong with this car. Leave the car with me one day and we'll take a look"
Everyone knows who is he talking about. Once the name is mentioned the thread will be locked. This is what the OP was trying NOT to do.

Evom doesnt like us free loaders to bad mouth the people paying their bills
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Remy
Everyone knows who is he talking about. Once the name is mentioned the thread will be locked. This is what the OP was trying NOT to do.

Evom doesnt like us free loaders to bad mouth the people paying their bills
Ridiculous

Liston O.P you paid your money and weren't happy with the tune but there's an 85% chance its not cause the tuner couldn't eek more power out your setup. There's probably something wrong with your car.

He's still entitled to get paid for his services but if he wanted to start building a relationship he should have explained that maybe something else is going on with the car and he'd like to have a chance to look it over.

Don't start thinking that jumping ship to a million tuners is going to be the answer. You need a shop to look over the car first and give it a clean bill of health THEN try a retune.

Last edited by Darksun280; Jul 24, 2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
When i get some slots open id be willing to tune it for you.. and i will make sure you're happy or refund your $ in full.

on another note, was the car boost leak tested? did you confirm everything was healthy before taking it in to get the tune?

in all honesty, if the person that did it is reputable take it back and give him a chance to fix his mistakes.. food for thought.. if he cares about his rep.. which i know he does.. he will fix it right.

This is why I'm going to get retuned by TSComp! I just care my tuner actually cares to talk with me.

Edit: Just so everyone knows, this comment is not directed towards the OP's tuner in any way. I just think Tom comes off as a stand up guy. Just sayin.

Last edited by Graphic; Jul 24, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Graphic
This is why I'm going to get retuned by TSComp! I just care about customer service and my tuner actually cares to talk with me.
And what about if there's a physical problem with the car? Problem with E-tuners is sometimes they are tuning over issues that car had previously. There's not one evo on here that hasn't needed something boost leak tested or tightened or adjusted physically after a part installation and before/during a tune. E-tuners have a disconnect from that which is why tuners sitting in your car will always have an advantage over an E-tunner. But hey I'm stating the obvious right now.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Since I'm biased I'm not going to recommend my tuner or his shop. It would come of as cheap advertising tactics. But if you're not willing to go back to Ivey I would defiantly throw my recommendation in for Petey turbo. But what ever you do pick a person with a shop who can look the car over in person and possibly fix any issue they may find.

Last edited by Darksun280; Jul 24, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Darksun280
Ridiculous

Liston O.P you paid your money and weren't happy with the tune but there's an 85% chance its not cause the tuner couldn't eek more power out your setup. There's probably something wrong with your car.

He's still entitled to get paid for his services but if he wanted to start building a relationship he should have explained that maybe something else is going on with the car and he'd like to have a chance to look it over.

Don't start thinking that jumping ship to a million tuners is going to be the answer. You need a shop to look over the car first and give it a clean bill of health THEN try a retune.
As i posted in this thread earlier

"I understand that you only paid the shop to "Tune" the car however the tuner should have realized something was not right and consulted you about it.

Of course you would of had to pay to have the car checked out, but to just give it back to you with no communication is BS..."

Quick Reply: Disappointing tune?!