Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

714hp Stock Block Evo VIII - FP 3794R

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by S13 Curtis
Funny how I got bashed for doing 600+ on stock block last year and this guy does 700 and also gets bashed. But no one bashes the 680whp Evo on here. Funny part is my car never blew up. You guys should be happy for him and glad some one provided solid results. If not no one here would ever think its possible.
yeah i remember that.. btw you sold your car?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by S13 Curtis
Funny how I got bashed for doing 600+ on stock block last year and this guy does 700 and also gets bashed. But no one bashes the 680whp Evo on here. Funny part is my car never blew up. You guys should be happy for him and glad some one provided solid results. If not no one here would ever think its possible.
The 680WHP~ Evo was bashed at the beginning if you check.. its just we kept producing timeslips, and trap speeds just kept getting higher and higher and ET lower and lower.. people accepted the fact it was ok for it to stay at that power level after a year of constant improvements at the track.

Also it did not blow up if thats what you're referring to. its being built before it gets the chance to let go.. i convinced him in building it after we experienced severe misfires and abuse at the shootout from a failing primary walbro fuel pump & faulty ignition.

click this for more info

Scotts car had low compression on cyl #3 for over a year straight as well.

================================================== ===========

driving habits will play a great roll in keeping the engine together at high power, the delay in spool helps as well.
it smoothens the torque curve out and the car hits boost smoother.

but the most important of all aspect and this is what makes or breaks an engine from having the ability to make these
high power numbers on stock internals.. and that is.. the history of the engine.. the mileage on it.. was it ever abused?
was it properly maintained? all high HP stock blocks have one thing in common, and that is.. they never seen an abusive
tune before in their past history.

Last edited by tscompusa; Aug 26, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
The 680WHP~ Evo was bashed at the beginning if you check.. its just we kept producing timeslips, and trap speeds just kept getting higher and higher and ET lower and lower.. people accepted the fact it was ok for it to stay at that power level after a year of constant improvements at the track.

Also it did not blow up if thats what you're referring to. its being built before it gets the chance to let go.. i convinced him in building it after we experienced severe misfires and abuse at the shootout from a failing primary walbro fuel pump & faulty ignition.

click this for more info

Scotts car had low compression on cyl #3 for over a year straight as well.

================================================== ===========

driving habits will play a great roll in keeping the engine together at high power, the delay in spool helps as well.
it smoothens the torque curve out and the car hits boost smoother.

but the most important of all aspect and this is what makes or breaks an engine from having the ability to make these
high power numbers on stock internals.. and that is.. the history of the engine.. the mileage on it.. was it ever abused?
was it properly maintained? all high HP stock blocks have one thing in common, and that is.. they never seen an abusive
tune before in their past history.

nah i know about scotts car. It ran great. i wasnt referring to his just mine because everyone would always talk about rods etc. The time slips def shut alot of people up though.

I 100% agree on driving habbits. i never dogged the hell out of my evo when i had it. I only pushed it when it needed to be.

Originally Posted by jmcmill3
yeah i remember that.. btw you sold your car?
Yea i sold my evo back in febuary. I ended up getting a Cammed C6 Z06 for $30K i Couldnt refuse a deal like that.

-Curtis

Last edited by S13 Curtis; Aug 26, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
ya people do the same thing about the evo x's man.. except 10x worse right now.

your car was tuned by AWD .. i dont know why anyone would question it not staying together.. they are very well educated when it comes to the evo engine.

Nice vette!