Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Dissapointing numbers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012 | 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes our lower pipe makes a decent difference vs the injen lower pipe. Our lower is a full 2.5" where the injen reduces down to 1.75"

Michael
Old Dec 7, 2012 | 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Just got back from fftec. My car REALLLLYYY liked the e85.

I picked up about 70awhp and 50wtq. Sean @ fftec said there was more power to be had. I wanted to stop because I don't want to push the tune too hard. If I want more power I will open up my car a little bit more. (see bullet 2)

I am at 383/352 mustang dyno. Very pleased with the results.

WHAT I LEARNED TODAY:
1.) I have a very restricting muffler
2.) If I want more (safe) power I'm going to first get a better muffler/catback, then ported exhaust manifold, then the ets licp.
3.) After doing these few things I will finally be where my car SHOULD be performing.

I am very relieved that my car isn't under-powered for the mods. Since buying the car, this is the first time I have been truly proud of what I put together. Thanks again to Sean @ fftec for a great tune. Thanks to everyone who helped me too.
Attached Thumbnails Dissapointing numbers-final-graph.jpg   Dissapointing numbers-final-numbers.jpg  
Old Dec 7, 2012 | 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

that's about 430 dynojet that's not bad.

things id change are..

get rid of the injen stuff.
the s1 cams are ok for that turbo. (you'll prob make more with bigger cams though)
the megan o2 is good
the injectors are good
bypass BOV crush - could be leaking at higher rpm
never heard of that FMIC before.. if its garrett core im sure its ok though.
3 port is good

the rsr tbe, my evo came with one when i bought it and i hated it.. mine was not restrictive though.. basically sounded like a honda. it was the complete opposite.

yours must have a restrictive muffler on it.

last time i did that turbo on e85 i made 460-470. check here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...5-powered.html

your graph looks good though. i linked the other car for reference so you can get an idea on parts combination.

he was running 29psi at redline. though. do you log boost? all in all that turbos pretty impressive for what it can put down. his tune is a little more aggressive then yours also tq wise. your tq is right where it should be.. i would not ask for more tq next time you get it touched up again at lower RPM.
Old Dec 7, 2012 | 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Stop chasing numbers to be like most people on this forum. As long as the motor is healthy and it pulls smooth, then be happy.
Old Dec 9, 2012 | 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

congrats bro... told u should be in the 400s on dynojet.... how does it run now? i bet it pulls... pretty soon ill be heading to fftec as well when i get my setup and build breaked in and running
Old Dec 9, 2012 | 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by triple L
congrats bro... told u should be in the 400s on dynojet.... how does it run now? i bet it pulls... pretty soon ill be heading to fftec as well when i get my setup and build breaked in and running
Hell yeah man, pulls very hard. I have to hold on tight! That's exciting you have a new motor! Have a good time at fftec!!
Old Dec 21, 2012 | 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hermin0000
Hell yeah man, pulls very hard. I have to hold on tight! That's exciting you have a new motor! Have a good time at fftec!!
Thanks for the kind words Nicolai! I'm glad you're happy with the way everything finally worked out for you.