Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BrowningDerek Tuned Evo9 RS BBK Full

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victor, you can weigh your car here for free at the farmers market. We can check it out next time you come down.... my car weighs 3250 on that scale.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
I am not using the absolute latest up to date version because it is buggy for me (cuts out during mid log, deselects items, re-arranges the order of items being logged, and shows different numbers in VD). I'm not making this stuff up.

A note on smoothness of the graphs from my experience is that logging too many items or using a slow computer will help hide rough roads. I'm sure another one of you is going to argue against me on that as well right?

I don't rely on evoscan and virtual dyno to make money, so I have no reason to support the programs and convince everyone that most of these graphs are legit. I'm not taking shots at any tuners but you can't tell me that you don't want everyone to believe the program is dead on.

Everyone needs to stop posting up a *single graph* and claiming they make that power. It is getting old seeing results without multiple runs and then not stating they are using virtual dyno in their signature as the numbers. There are so many fake results out there because of this program it is getting difficult to weed through it all. The graph originally posted looks pretty damn wavy to me.

NOTE: I am not discounting the tune on any of the cars.
You are correct, if you log fuel trims, or log way to much data that degrades the logger resolution (or super slow laptop, lack of memory/cpu/hdd, it will make the graph look smooth even if the road isn't the best (these graphs are easy to pin point though. at smoothing (1) they normally look super smooth also. If you chop off the end of a log and over smooth, it will inflate the # as well. I learned the hard way that everything must be done on super flat road / interstate. smoothing 0 is a great feature for finding spikes. this is exactly why evoscan should not be used, and you should go straight to virtual dyno as a default program of choice. I think were both in full agreement there.

The bugs you mentioned in evoscan have been there for a long time. One reason it does not save your list is because the program isn't running in elevated windows mode /administrator, and it does not consistently update the data file with the new parameters when the program attempts to gain write access to the data file storing those parameters. Another thing that causes that is, a lot of virus scanner programs also block files from being written to real time when they are not being ran elevated & slow down the computer also by a lot at the same time. one reason i never run one of those programs constantly monitoring.

The old evoscan does use a very inflated dyno code. I was just sharing an example for others, not intended to go against what you said.

I agree with you though, evoscan dyno should not be used over virtual dyno. You should always review the pull with a smoothing of 0 first also to make sure there are no spikes. if there are spikes discard the graph. Also i agree, more then one pull should be shared as well.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noted.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by browningderek
Victor, you can weigh your car here for free at the farmers market. We can check it out next time you come down.... my car weighs 3250 on that scale.