Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Toxicfab ff stock t mani vs standard/tubular stock t mani

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toxicfab ff stock t mani vs standard/tubular stock t mani

I tried to search for comparisons but no luck. I just want to see if its worth getting a smaller radiator and removing the AC compressor and converting to speed density?.?.?. If u have comparisons please post up charts and videos. This is for Evo 8/9 btw.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Ttt
Old Jun 7, 2013, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
What turbo will you be running? Is this car going to be a dd or 1/4 mile beast?

There are gains to be had with a FF kit hence why people do them in the 1st place. As to how much you will gain is completely dependent on your setup.

So instead of asking us if it's worth it, you need to ask yourself first. Once you have your goals sorted out then you can better determine if a FF kit is right for you.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe

There are gains to be had with a FF kit hence why people do them in the 1st place. As to how much you will gain is completely dependent on your setup.

So instead of asking us if it's worth it, you need to ask yourself first. Once you have your goals sorted out then you can better determine if a FF kit is right for you.

Perfectly said sir!

Collin
Old Jun 7, 2013, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
keep in mind its just plain stupid to drive without filter as well.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by 94awdcoupe
keep in mind its just plain stupid to drive without filter as well.
+1
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heel2toe

I don't care about running my car w/o a filter or having a/c. I just want to see if its worth getting a half size radiator and converting to speed density. I want the most hp out of my setup which is going to be on the stock bottom end using e85/and or vp import fuel. I will be using and ef4 turbo and the nessecary parts to go along with that turbo;fmic,fuel inj,clutch,tbe etc... This will be my daily driver as well. I will put a mesh screen over the turbo to have sume pretection against any rocks and stuff like that.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thugline
I don't care about running my car w/o a filter or having a/c. I just want to see if its worth getting a half size radiator and converting to speed density. I want the most hp out of my setup which is going to be on the stock bottom end using e85/and or vp import fuel. I will be using and ef4 turbo and the nessecary parts to go along with that turbo;fmic,fuel inj,clutch,tbe etc... This will be my daily driver as well. I will put a mesh screen over the turbo to have sume pretection against any rocks and stuff like that.
IMO, that setup would be way overkill on your stock bottom end, meaning you'll blow a hole though your block before you maximize that setup...
600whp has been done on the stock block but anything over 500whp and it's a ticking time bomb.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 8UpUrV8
IMO, that setup would be way overkill on your stock bottom end, meaning you'll blow a hole though your block before you maximize that setup...
600whp has been done on the stock block but anything over 500whp and it's a ticking time bomb.
Let me rephrase it then; "I want to get the most power w/o blowing my motor".
Old Jun 7, 2013, 01:18 PM

you do realize that a mesh screen right at the inlet of the compressor housing is a larger restriction than a properly sized filter right?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thugline
Let me rephrase it then; "I want to get the most power w/o blowing my motor".
I'll do the same. Overkill on your stock block- less money is needed to max out your stock block, main components being an upgraded stock framed turbo and E85/race fuel.

Toxicfab's manifolds are top notch, and a stock location manifold of his will get the job done without issues.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bitterchild
you do realize that a mesh screen right at the inlet of the compressor housing is a larger restriction than a properly sized filter right?
I guess I know now.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
you are also being ignorant about not running a filter on a daily driver. just took a motor apart that had been run a few months without filter. cylinder bores were ruined with many small vertical scratches. the owner will never again consider running car without a filter.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

not going to lie, had a long week of work and this thread brought some enjoyment.

anyway....OP should listen to the advice given above. of course it is your car and you can do whatever you wish with the car. but to me it seems like you have conflicting goals.

you have the budget to do it so I wont go "you can only pick two...." but having the maximum power with a huge turbo like the ef4 and then taking out ac not grenading your motor and DD seems counter intuitive.

i vote you pick up one of toxicfabs siiiiiiiick tubular mani's, make a ton of useable power, and still have a safe dd. gl with the build, sounds like it will be one helluva dd
Old Jun 7, 2013, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

So then I should def run it with the filter on if I do plan on going with the ff setup?

Quick Reply: Toxicfab ff stock t mani vs standard/tubular stock t mani