Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

TSComptuned Evo 9 SE Stock block Map EF3 E85 SD 500WHP+

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSComptuned Evo 9 SE Stock block Map EF3 E85 SD 500WHP+

Hey evom this is my first post ever thanks to Tom because I am so happy with my results of the tune we finished tonight on E85 i have to share! I never thought my car would feel this smooth or pull this smooth and hard ever.

The car is completely changed. I have gone through other shops in my area and it never performed this well before. I did not think the car could be this driver friendly and start first crank cold and warm on e85. And has perfect drive-ability under any condition.

I have been in the car scene for a long time and this is by far the best tuning service and experience ive ever had to date.

When i was at my local track i noticed some cars there with tscomptuned stickers that quickly grabbed my attention and others. I asked them what mods they h ad and i was shocked when they told me they were all on stock blocks and running so well. So thats when I went to tom to get big power out of my stock block and here we are

So here are my results of my completely stock block! I told Tom i wanted 530WHP and the very first pull made 480WHP and it felt very fast. I was shocked it wasnt over 500WHP. Tom then took the time and we tuned the car further and ended up making a best of 557whp and 417wtq letting the car sit cold. Consistently it made well over 520whp back to back to back.

Tom also helped me fix a lot of problems with my car and i learned a lot from him during this whole process. we spoke in the remote teamviewer session for hours and he helped diagnose a lot of issues to get the car where it is now power wise.

The mod list:

Stock block /w ARP rod bolts & studs & balance shaft removal
4g63 built head no port work done
cosworth 272 cams
Sparktech coil on plug non cdi
CX Racing FMIC 3.5"
Custom 3" upper pipe
2.5" Lower pipe
tial Q bov
fuel injector clinic 1150cc
Unknown fuel pump (very loud)
EF3 Turbo ported and coated
Ported exhaust manifold
full 3 inch exhaust

I am at 1500ft above sea level also! and Tom told me its harder to make power up here.
He said he could do something to make the graph show corrected but rather show uncorrected
numbers instead so the car performs like the graph shows when i take it to the track.

The power does not fall off at high RPM this turbo just keeps pulling and pulling!!!!!!!!

Here is a graph of the first pull we did when letting the car sit for a little bit while charging the laptop.
The highest smoothing on this one was 548whp / 415wtq.

Last edited by sean89; Sep 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome results as to be expected with Tom and the ef line!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, Tom is a really good guy when you get to know him. He jokes around and tries to make the experience as fun as possible which has gotta be hard with the amount of cars he tunes at one time. Congrats on the numbers and welcome to the TSCOMP Army LOL
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I bet is a blast to drive!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread is awesome, I'm stock block and cams EF3 right now and plan to do S2 + E85 and I wanted to be over 500. I'm currently at around 430 in the Texas heat
Old Sep 20, 2013, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Quite impressive for the modifications! Stock intake manifold/TB?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice numbers no suprise tho TOM knows his stuff . Have some fun with that thing and be safe
Old Sep 20, 2013, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks alot guys!

Hey Chris - Yes stock intake mani and TB!

He forgot to mention it has a grimmspeed 3 port in the mod list.

---------

Thanks for sharing this Sean, and thanks for the nice post! I appreciate it and it was fun talking with you for hours in the remote session all night haha

--------

We will be posting a time slip of this car i think either later tonight or tomorrow. he is attending an event locally today.

I could add 2* more in this car uptop also. Decided to keep it alittle conservative for safety since i reached his goal, i felt there was no point in pushing it.

With the torque curve and the HP curve i am confident this car is going to have a decent trap speed.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
nice stock block powerband.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is he running out of fuel up top Tom? Just curious why the AFRs are leaning out rather than staying at around 11.5~
Old Sep 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

seeing post like these makes me eager to see what my car will make once my rebuild is done..
great looking power-band, should be a blast!!
Old Sep 22, 2013, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Updates on the time slip. Interested to see the mph!
Old Sep 22, 2013, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Nice numbers I love my ef3 it pulls all the way to redline hope to see some track times soon good luck
Old Sep 23, 2013, 03:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
nice stock block powerband.
Thanks Jerry!

Originally Posted by hiboost2.0
Is he running out of fuel up top Tom? Just curious why the AFRs are leaning out rather than staying at around 11.5~
No i don't believe so. I think once i make a few adjustments to the fuel map it will richen itself. The boost curve created the lean mixture uptop.

Originally Posted by rs03evo
seeing post like these makes me eager to see what my car will make once my rebuild is done..
great looking power-band, should be a blast!!
Your signature looks good. you will make very good #'s.

Originally Posted by Jwhalen07
Updates on the time slip. Interested to see the mph!
Unfortunetly i dont have anything good to share except for crappy MPH with a semi ok ET.

On the first launch the clutch broke. Slipped the entire time down the track. Car went 122-123 with a 11.6.

Once he fixes the clutch I will update again hopefully with a 128-130 trap.

Originally Posted by DsmGuy86
Nice numbers I love my ef3 it pulls all the way to redline hope to see some track times soon good luck
Clutch slipped at the track so we didnt get to see what it was capable of. it still ran a 11.6 though with a slipping clutch. the clutch is done for. kind of surprising because its barely 400wtq.

-

His other buddy i tuned on stock block ran a 11.6 also, but with a 126 trap. He was making around 480whp.

Quick Reply: TSComptuned Evo 9 SE Stock block Map EF3 E85 SD 500WHP+