Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Pure Drive Performance Tuned IX Stock Block FP Black R2 98RON 525 HP Fireescape

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 05:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pure Drive Performance Tuned IX Stock Block FP Black R2 98RON 525 HP Fireescape

Andrew contacted me in September and he’s been a pleasure to work with! His goal was to have a car that is smooth and fast since he does mountain passes. My kind of guy! Also he wanted stock like performance in stop and go traffic that is easy to start and idle on SD.

This was a special tune for me as it is my first international tune. I’m happy it was with Andrew. He’s super easy to work with and he is extremely well organized! Check out his engine bay! Since then I’ve had numerous international clients.

I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. He had to do WOT during the day (mid 80*F) because of the wombats that could be out on the roads at night. If you don’t know what a wombat is, google it. They are really quite cute! So the VD may have been a bit better at night, but safety over numbers!

We ended up getting up to 525 HP at 30 psi, but we agreed to dial it down to 497 HP at 28.5 psi for the stock block. That's in 80* F at 2200'. The correction factor for altitude/temp brings it to 569/538.

We finished the tune in time for him to show his car at the WTAC. How awesome is it to attend that?

Anyhow, if you don’t know what’s going on in Australia right now, they are having some massive fires! Andrew is a firefighter and his home could be in danger as well. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts as they battle these bush fires!

Car: 2006 Evo IX GSR AUDM

Engine:
Stock Block
GSC R2 cams and 5041 springs and retainers
MAP H11 headstuds

Turbo:
FP Black BB turbo
ETS exhaust mani
Invidia O2 housing and downpipe
Full Litespec 3" exhaust with 100cel high flow cat

Fuel:
98 RON (93 octane)
Walbro 255 fuel pump
FIC 1100 injectors

Speed density with 4" intake pipe and big K&N filter
Greddy Intercooler (on 70mm but taller and wider than stock) with lower and upper piping.
Crushed steel evo 8 diverter (tested to at least 26psi)

Ignition
Spoolinup COP setup

Omni 4 bar map sensor and an IAT sensor in the intake mani.
Grimmspeed 3 port boost controller

At WTAC last weekend!

Last edited by PureDrivePerformance; Oct 23, 2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice, that wing is interesting. Any specs on what was used to raise it?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

Car is really clean man good luck
Old Oct 23, 2013, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very clean
Old Oct 23, 2013, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice numbers keep up the good work
Old Oct 24, 2013, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xXANCHORMONXx
Very nice, that wing is interesting. Any specs on what was used to raise it?
That extension is Monster Sport High Mount Spoiler Base. I like it. I took my wing off because it's right in the middle of the rear view mirror. I wonder how this looks looking out the mirror. Also wondering if there is any aero benefits to it.

http://www.monster-shop.jp/rearwingh...ml?language=en

Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you
Car is really clean man good luck
Originally Posted by Lexus01IS
Very clean
Originally Posted by JaYr_EvO9
very nice numbers keep up the good work
Thanks!!! He's happy, I'm happy! I'm here to serve.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey
Yeah that wing pad lifts the wing about 2.5", which is enough give you a clear view from the rear vision mirror. I like the way it makes the car look more aggressive, more wedge shaped. Don't know if I would pay full retail for it, I got mine for a song. There was a guy on EvoM who had his for sale for ages a while ago, don't know it he ever managed to sell it.

I've already reviewed Christians work here

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...ng-review.html

but just want to mention again what an easy guy he is to work with and how good a job he did on my car, I can't recommend him enough.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Here's a pretty cool website covering the WTAC. http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/10/...r-best-in-show Andrew's car is pictured in there as well!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 03:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Just a little bump.

Had a little issue with my A/F ratio's being a little rich at certain throttle positions. Was going to email Chris to see what could be done, but Chris emailed me first, just to check on me and my family because there were some bushfires near our house. I replied the next day, told him everything was ok, and mentioned the rich A/F ratios.
Around 30 minutes later an email arrives with a new rom to fix the problem. The best service from any vendor I've ever delt with. A BIG to Chris.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fireescape
Just a little bump.

Had a little issue with my A/F ratio's being a little rich at certain throttle positions. Was going to email Chris to see what could be done, but Chris emailed me first, just to check on me and my family because there were some bushfires near our house. I replied the next day, told him everything was ok, and mentioned the rich A/F ratios.
Around 30 minutes later an email arrives with a new rom to fix the problem. The best service from any vendor I've ever delt with. A BIG to Chris.
Thanks Andrew! This is my full time business and customer service and perfect tunes are the priorities for me. I take care of my customers ASAP!

BTW, his AFR's were a little rich at cruise. Adjusted it while waiting for another customer to send logs. I realize things come up that didn't come up during the tune. I'll fix it ASAP, usually within 24 hours.