Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 8: Pump+Injectors+E85+Tune

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8: Pump+Injectors+E85+Tune

I thought I would share my results from my recent tune. I have taken my car to the local road course a few times this year but was looking for a bit more power being at high altitude. I decided to do a bare bones E85 build. No upgrades outside of a fuel pump, injectors, and MBC. I talked with Christian from Pure Drive Performance who is only 45 minutes from me and set up a road tune. I installed the Walbro, gauges (wideband/boost), and MBC. He helped me install the injectors before we filled it with E85.

I ended up forgetting the logging cable for the LC-2 so the first day was a rough tune just to get it going on E85 and I went back the next weekend and Christian cleaned it up. Couldn't be happier with the results. The car pulls so hard now and drives better than stock. Cold starts in single digit temps are no issue. Below is the VD from the tune. The low pull was 93 octane @20psi. The higher ones were 25psi on E85. The VD is corrected for altitude but what is important is the difference in power between the 93 and E85. 80whp on a car that looks bone stock including the stock cat and intake is awesome. Can't wait to get it on the track!

Old Feb 2, 2014, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking good! Great power for suck basic mods. Is this IX turbo or VIII turbo?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats. Christian@PDP knows his stuff!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:03 PM

VIII with the smaller hotside.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 07:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jesse, it was a pleasure to meet you! I look forward to getting on the track! LMK when.

Car is already great stock on 91 oct. It's amazing on E85 with minimal mods!

Car is in great shape with low miles. Tuning went really smooth. I'm loving the FIC 1120 injectors. This set up is so minimal. I think it's the way to start modding for most of my clients who have access to E85.

Photo op of 1st fill up. This is how I feel everytime I fill up on E85 :

Old Feb 4, 2014, 08:04 PM

You too! The tuning went really well. Once you go E85 you never want to go back to pump.

Car has been running great. Starts up first crank even in the super cold weather we have been having.

I know a few local guys who just picked up X's so I told them where they could get a good tune once they start modding.

As for High Plains it should start getting good again in the April/May time frame. Trying to get as many people as possible to go.