Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Efr7670 2.4l 9rs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RSMike
The Racefab sump is a bandaid, i've got logs to show it's still easy to get oil surge with this setup.
I'm working on a different solution at the moment, hopefully will be tested in a few months.

The oil surge isn't generally what kills the engine. The oil surge slowly kills the oil pump, then the poor condition oil pump is what kills the engine.
Make sure to keep an eye on your cold and hot oil pressures (via oil temp). This will indicate when your oil pump is beyond help and needs to be replaced.
If you're currently 85-95 psi oil pressure at 80ºC oil temp, when your pump is dying it will go down to 75psi, 70psi, 65psi etc etc.
Of course you post this 2 weeks after I ordered my Racefab sump. Great info though. Keep us in the loop!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 03:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 361 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by RSMike
The Racefab sump is a bandaid, i've got logs to show it's still easy to get oil surge with this setup.
I'm working on a different solution at the moment, hopefully will be tested in a few months.

The oil surge isn't generally what kills the engine. The oil surge slowly kills the oil pump, then the poor condition oil pump is what kills the engine.
Make sure to keep an eye on your cold and hot oil pressures (via oil temp). This will indicate when your oil pump is beyond help and needs to be replaced.
If you're currently 85-95 psi oil pressure at 80ºC oil temp, when your pump is dying it will go down to 75psi, 70psi, 65psi etc etc.
No doubt its a bandaid, but its the best option before going to a dry sump. A dry sump is the REAL answer for the track but most including myself like to walk the street car line and keep it simple. If I was going to track my car extensively a dry sump would be the move to save engines.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...-sump-pan.html Testing in there someplace.
If that pan is good enough for Balrok with R comps and aero, its good enough for a street car with 100-200tw 255's IMO.

eflove , I'm in the same boat. I'll purposely run an 100-200tw tire at the road course to avoid oil issues at my skill level.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 03:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 749 Likes on 578 Posts
Mike, was it you I was talking with about the oil pressure bypass? Trying to remember who it was so I wont spill any beans if its what Im thinking about.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 03:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 313 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Abacus
No doubt its a bandaid, but its the best option before going to a dry sump.
My solution should (fingers crossed) bridge the gap between the Racefab sump and a dry sump setup.
At the moment there is about a $4000-5000 split between those systems.
The Racefab sump (or Moroso) should be the minimum for any fast street car, it just doesn't cut it on any right hand corners (circuit use).

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Mike, was it you I was talking with about the oil pressure bypass? Trying to remember who it was so I wont spill any beans if its what Im thinking about.
Yup
The following users liked this post:
hokiruu (Feb 18, 2020)
Old Feb 17, 2020, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Abacus
No doubt its a bandaid, but its the best option before going to a dry sump. A dry sump is the REAL answer for the track but most including myself like to walk the street car line and keep it simple. If I was going to track my car extensively a dry sump would be the move to save engines.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...-sump-pan.html Testing in there someplace.
If that pan is good enough for Balrok with R comps and aero, its good enough for a street car with 100-200tw 255's IMO.

eflove , I'm in the same boat. I'll purposely run an 100-200tw tire at the road course to avoid oil issues at my skill level.

I wouldn't have any issues putting a dry sump on it at this point. Believe it or not the thing that holds me back is having to remove the AC to do so. I think a pan with a accusump will be just right for now.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 07:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 144 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by eflove
I wouldn't have any issues putting a dry sump on it at this point. Believe it or not the thing that holds me back is having to remove the AC to do so. I think a pan with a accusump will be just right for now.
The Norris Designs dry sump kit has an option to retain A/C.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Hooly moly, much respect to keeping the exterior subtle when so much talent and creativity went inside. I'm not surprised you have an Integra av. Some things just age well, like simple purposeful lines. Really happy to see this platform being treated right.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 03:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this build is so ****ing dope, love it man, especially seeing it being used and how it plays both roles so brilliantly
Old Feb 21, 2020, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Man, looks like an absolute blast to drive! Goals!
Old Apr 3, 2020, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

With my free time this week I addressed some issues I found at super lap. I took some photos of things I found so I figured I would share.

The combo air temp/pressure sensor on the hot side melted a bit. trimmed it back a bit but will probably plug this hole in the IC pipe.

You can see where they mount in this photo. Awesome to see how well this tube and fin IC is working.

These tabs seem to be lacking from every aftermarket IC but are needed to retain the stock undertray correctly.

The motor was moving around just a bit too much on track. Added a front tq mount and was nicely surprised how little NVH was added.

Lots of tabs again to keep the stock under tray mount.

Oil control was a issue on track. Moved the rear port to the side of the valve cover in hopes the increased baffling will reduce oil getting to the catch can.

Oil pressure was getting to 20 in the right handers. Accusump to help with this.

Bulkheads at both ends of the car to make service easy. I went with -8 line after seeing the side of the port on the filter housing. We'll see if it's big enough. Used push-loc for how thick and robust the hose is vs other options.

The PC on the muffler didn't hold up to the heat. I expected this but wanted to try it. Went with cerakoat this time.

Grabbed some waste gate blankets from PTP turbo.

Now that I don't have a class rule book to think about I installed my SSB RLCAs. Far less movement.

The following 4 users liked this post by eflove:
Abacus (Apr 7, 2020), alpinaturbo (Apr 3, 2020), Construct (Apr 3, 2020), hokiruu (Apr 8, 2020)
Old Apr 3, 2020, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Beautiful execution.
Also, OEM heat shield is a great way to make the attractive engine compartment functionally cooler and cleaner.

So you installed SSB trailing arms: are you also going to use the uprights?
Hope so. Your driving skills, and already wonderful package, deserve optimized chassis package.

I loved your video at COTA, although not the fastest way going sideways, your skill and car's ability to be driven that "fun" way.

Old Apr 4, 2020, 01:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 313 Likes on 127 Posts
Hey @eflove
Check out my post on the oil system below:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...r-why-how.html

Also that Accusump plumbing - you've gone into the non-filtered port on the oil filter housing. I'm not sure if that will cause future problems with the accusump seals.

Also - ultra fast response and high temperature air temp sensor here: https://hv-electronics.myshopify.com...esponse-sensor
I use two of these on my setup and i've seen 180ºC without problems.

Last edited by RSMike; Apr 5, 2020 at 06:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hokiruu (Apr 8, 2020)
Old Dec 19, 2022, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Been a bit but I did take the car to the track one day this weekend. Low boost (500 or so) but still a blast to throw around.
The following 4 users liked this post by eflove:
alpinaturbo (Dec 20, 2022), deylag (Dec 19, 2022), mcwop23 (Dec 20, 2022), RWD4G63 (Dec 21, 2022)
Old Dec 20, 2022, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
i love that, makes me feel like i can take my 2.3L w/fp black on track and have it not be useless