Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo 8 lean idle, and lean cruise

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2020, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 lean idle, and lean cruise

Car is SD converted, DW300 (recently installed), FIC 2150’s, on E85. Cold starts on E at times are rough, but once the car is running the wideband fluctuates between 14.3-16.5/17’s and then 0’s out (pain in the butt), once the car is at operating temps AFR’s sit around the 14.5-15ish area. Once you try giving any throttle it immediately goes lean. Even the throttle has somewhat of a delay as well (checked tps voltage, that was good). This all started out of nowhere as well. When I drove it around the block, trying to get into boost the car would fall on its face. Seeing that I immediately went to the injectors, thinking that was the problem. I unplugged each injector one by one. Cylinders 4-3 all made audible changes to the idle, but injector 1 made no change. So to make sure it was the injector, I swapped injector 1 to cylinder 4 and injector 4 into cylinder 1. The car barely wanted to run. So I figured that was the problem. Swapped in a working 2150 injector into cylinder 1, and am still having the lean issues and when I unplug injector 1 there is still no audible change in idle. I checked fuel pressure and that is normal, I swapped out MAP sensor with no change in lean conditions. I’m running out of ideas. Thank you for any help.

Last edited by QikEvo; Jul 18, 2020 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old Jul 19, 2020, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not too sure but to rule out the injectors test the injectors individually with 9v battery to see if it click. I recently had to change my oem fuel regular because it was failing. Check the whole fuel system to make sure you get the right amount of fuel if you have a guage psi. Also you can check the resistance of each making sure you have some type of resistance a 0 would be bad.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by gqcode
I'm not too sure but to rule out the injectors test the injectors individually with 9v battery to see if it click. I recently had to change my oem fuel regular because it was failing. Check the whole fuel system to make sure you get the right amount of fuel if you have a guage psi. Also you can check the resistance of each making sure you have some type of resistance a 0 would be bad.
thank you, I found the problem. The motor is hurt
Old Jul 19, 2020, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
sorry to hear that! what was it?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 08:43 PM

Did a compression test and found out that the cylinder that I thought had a bad injector (cylinder 1), was actually a bad cylinder. #1 50psi, #2 170, #3 170, #4 175

doing to do a leak down test tomorrow to see if it’s the head or the bottom end