Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Compustar Problem and a Fix

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got the wiring situation figured out I also got a 2W900FMR with backup battery siren and tilt sensor for $750 installed...I was a bit worried but the install went good and clean. its a excellent, actually the best alarm, worth the money.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 07:51 PM

Is there a way to wire this alarm (I have exact one) into EVO IX, so the turbo timer option works and I don't have to install a immobilizer bypass module?

Any diagrams or advices are appreciated....
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xxx22psi
Is there a way to wire this alarm (I have exact one) into EVO IX, so the turbo timer option works and I don't have to install a immobilizer bypass module?

Any diagrams or advices are appreciated....

Yes, hook everything up normally, press your turbo timer button on the remote, and voila! It stays running. You have to wait a few seconds before taking the key out.

Since the vehicle is already running, the immobilizer is not functioning. It only functions during the start where ignition is not present.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by MRCole
Yes, hook everything up normally, press your turbo timer button on the remote, and voila! It stays running. You have to wait a few seconds before taking the key out.

Since the vehicle is already running, the immobilizer is not functioning. It only functions during the start where ignition is not present.

Thanks for the info!
So I hook up the ebrake blue wire and brake signal... The only thing I'm not hooking up is the immobilizer DEI 556UW, which requires the spair key ( I don't want to leave it inside the car). Then I programm CM3000 for turbo timer, and the remote for turbo mode.

What about ignition wiring? I think it has been wired up already for the alarm itself. I gave the installers a turbo timer harness from HKS or Blits that fits my EVO, I just have to check if they used it or not.

I'll post if everything worked out right!
Thanks again!
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:44 PM

Bad news! I hooked up everything right double checked it too. Brake pedal switch (Green + when the pedal is pressed) and E-Brake (blue/red -) were connected properly. Turbo timer mode was unabled on both the remote (it says "turbo" now) and initial programming on CM3000 brain unit. Are there any other wires that need to be connected also? I'm excluding the bypass module since u said that I don't need it...

Are there any other wires that need to be hooked up also or do I have to press any buttons on the remote before I take my foot of the brake pedal and apply the e-brake, right before switching off the key?

There is a tach wire that is not connected, I'm wondering if thats the problem.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:44 PM

Update:

Everything worked after connecting the tach wire, ebrake wire, brake signal and setting on the locking when the ignition is on mode under programming menu #2 option 5. It has to be on for s turbo time to work.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

where did you grab the tach? behind the gauge cluster? is it a green wire?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by onesicklambo
where did you grab the tach? behind the gauge cluster? is it a green wire?
Pin 58 on the ECU on EVO 8, On EVO 9 its the 2nd plug, 3rd from the right in the top row. (GREEN/White wire). It never worked from the ignition coils...
Old Aug 3, 2006, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anybody else solder these connection together? can anybody else confirm this fixes the issue with this remote (white 2w900fm)? Mine is doing the same and Im hesitant to solder something and it wont do the trick then I might have a problem getting warranty on the remote.

thanks
Old Aug 4, 2006, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shingen
How much did you guys pay for the alarm and install? I'm interested in getting something for my car and the compustar looks like it's the best.

Fox
same here...i had a viper 791xv on a previous car, but the pager on those alarms died so quickly...
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by djscoto
I have the 2WSSR Alarm/Remote starter. I have problems with the remote not communicating with the car all the time. I think I am going to call up compustar and see if they have a fix fix for my remote. Anyone else have any problems with the 2WSSR?
I have been having problems with my remote (2wssr) and the brains for about a year now...Thank god for compustar, they came through and sent me a new brain and remote. However the company that installed it charged me an arm and a leg to put it in...I think i wanna upgrade to a newer model to see if that fixes it if not i dont know what else to do. Compustar said they would discount everything for me due to the drive i have to take to get it installed (3 hours)
Old Oct 10, 2010, 03:06 AM

The guys that work in compustars tech support are gods. Trying to do push button beakers and new nissans would be damn near impossible without them. If there is a problem, call them and they'll figure it out for you. I highly recommend it.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 02:02 PM

Wher do I find a manual for Compustar 2W8000F MR (3000) anyone ????