Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Doing a stereo installation for a friend

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2006 | 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, that's pretty clever. It has a built in turbo timer as well. That's pretty helpful. How are their alarms?
Old May 18, 2006 | 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdub765
Wow, that's pretty clever. It has a built in turbo timer as well. That's pretty helpful. How are their alarms?
Yes, the turbo timer is nice off the alarm. I love it. As for safety on the remstart, this is what i suggest, if you have a habit of leaving a car in gear, do not install a remstart without adding a mercury switch to the shift linkage. As for the bypassing the clutch, use a relay to do this. The gears you want to lock out if you park in, are first and reverse as they tend to make the car jump when started in gear. The other gears stall it out right away without making the car move.
Old May 18, 2006 | 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

wow, that looked exactly how my set up was, i have a type r though. i was slacking on my install, and just finished it a few weeks ago. ive had the equipment since about september, late october. i want to see the finished production.

btw what rims are those (gunmetal w/ polished lip)??
Old May 18, 2006 | 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by evo4g63awd
wow, that looked exactly how my set up was, i have a type r though. i was slacking on my install, and just finished it a few weeks ago. ive had the equipment since about september, late october. i want to see the finished production.
Please post pics of your install. I'd love to see how you setup your system...

btw what rims are those (gunmetal w/ polished lip)??
Those wheels are my friends ssr comps in 18x9 running 265 wide tires, they kinda rub and if you know of a cheap place in the LA or OC area to roll the fenders i'm pretty sure he'll appreciate the help.

George
Old May 18, 2006 | 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

alright, i do have to warn you, im not quite finished yet......
Old May 18, 2006 | 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

alright, i have some of the different model alpine stuff, i have all the alpine type r's (single 12", 6 1/2" components, 6 1/2" rears) Alpine Amp Link, w/ y splitter, 2 digital v-12's, one mono block, one 4 channel, alumapro 5 farad cap, monster 5 channel RCA's, monster 2 gauge wire, monster anl fuse holder with monster 125w fuse i actually ran it through a grommet on the side wall that most of the wires go through to the engine bay, i have pictures somewhere, but i cant seem to find them. but again, its not finished, i just threw this together so i could actually listen to something....

SCAREY PICTURES< BEWARE!!!

The pictures are during partial installation, and the equip is only a quarter of the wires i had to use, and not including the cap.
Attached Thumbnails Doing a stereo installation for a friend-half-wires-equip.jpg   Doing a stereo installation for a friend-removed-back-seat.jpg   Doing a stereo installation for a friend-rear-view.jpg   Doing a stereo installation for a friend-wiring-nightmare.jpg  
Old May 18, 2006 | 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

alright, i have some of the different model alpine stuff, i have all the alpine type r's (single 12", 6 1/2" components, 6 1/2" rears) Alpine Amp Link, w/ y splitter, 2 digital v-12's, one mono block, one 4 channel, alumapro 5 farad cap, monster 5 channel RCA's, monster 2 gauge wire, monster anl fuse holder with monster 125w fuse i actually ran it through a grommet on the side wall that most of the wires go through to the engine bay, i have pictures somewhere, but i cant seem to find them. but again, its not finished, i just threw this together so i could actually listen to something....

SCAREY PICTURES< BEWARE!!!

The pictures are during partial installation, and the equip is only a quarter of the wires i had to use, and not including the cap.

So where do you put your groceries? lol j/k. I want a system but in my neighborhood i would only have it for a week the max.
Old May 18, 2006 | 06:42 PM

alright, i have some of the different model alpine stuff, i have all the alpine type r's (single 12", 6 1/2" components, 6 1/2" rears) Alpine Amp Link, w/ y splitter, 2 digital v-12's, one mono block, one 4 channel, alumapro 5 farad cap, monster 5 channel RCA's, monster 2 gauge wire, monster anl fuse holder with monster 125w fuse...
That's a nice setup but what are you using for your head unit, and how do the type-r components sound compared to the stock setup up. That was one of the routes I was going to do but then I went overboard and went all out for my sounds.

George
Old May 18, 2006 | 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by daisaw1219
So where do you put your groceries? lol j/k. I want a system but in my neighborhood i would only have it for a week the max.
You think he is lacking space? Check out mine...

Old May 18, 2006 | 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GVO_VIII
That's a nice setup but what are you using for your head unit, and how do the type-r components sound compared to the stock setup up. That was one of the routes I was going to do but then I went overboard and went all out for my sounds.

George

Actually if you look in my 2nd picture, I have the Alpine CDA-9855 HU. As far as my components sound, its so much more crisp and clear then stock speakers, I can roll down my windows and hear the music outside of my car crystal clear a few houses down. I love them I also decided not to loop the wiring through the harness at the HU, and ran new speakerwire to each individual speaker, I also went through the gromets on the doors so you cant see anything.

~Sarah
Old May 18, 2006 | 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

lol jk but nice choice on amps. v12 or go home
Old May 19, 2006 | 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

lol, you had to put that one up, haha, just dont look directly at the wires.

What I am going to end up doing, is building a cover to go over the amps and cap, so you dont see any of the wires. Also my sub is sideways, yeah thats cause when i was measuring everything out, i forgot to measure the bottom of the box. yeah yeah. Ill just remount the sub in the box the right way.

With the cover over the amps, i will be able to throw some stuff in my trunk now. Othewise everything has gone in the back seat or the front seat. even an engine hoist.

~Sarah
Old May 19, 2006 | 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Andrew LB
You think he is lacking space? Check out mine...

looks like u got plenty of room.......imagine your box going all the way to the rear of the car..........you now have my box
Old May 19, 2006 | 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

lol, you had to put that one up, haha, just dont look directly at the wires.

What I am going to end up doing, is building a cover to go over the amps and cap, so you dont see any of the wires. Also my sub is sideways, yeah thats cause when i was measuring everything out, i forgot to measure the bottom of the box. yeah yeah. Ill just remount the sub in the box the right way.

With the cover over the amps, i will be able to throw some stuff in my trunk now. Othewise everything has gone in the back seat or the front seat. even an engine hoist.

~Sarah
Let me add some suggestions? If you want to put something over it, so you dont see wires, that's fine, make sure you get good carpet, trim tac, i would use plexi for the amps, and some blocks of wood to build your mount to lay on top.

A little easier route, carpet the board, make an amp rack behind the sub, and run your wires out though the bottom of the board. IE, space the amp up 1/4" and drill a hole with a hole saw, and run them out the back, so you do see wires like that. Thats easier than making a plexi glass / false floor over top of things.
Old May 24, 2006 | 11:44 PM

Bump for jdub to post update pics!

Quick Reply: Doing a stereo installation for a friend