Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Alarm Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2006 | 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Subscribed for the good info. Now would someone please show a link to buy a Python 881XP at a good price. I Googled and couldn't find it.

Since I don't want any accessories, I think the Python 881XP is the one I want. Just need to find it now.
Old Jul 3, 2006 | 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Doubt you can buy it online as it is contracted through DEI and needs to be professionally installed. Unless you grab one off of ebay.
Old Jul 19, 2006 | 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

I ve heard of the shelby alarms i actually started a thread a while back about it and nobody knew what i was talking about. Basically it has better range then both compustar and dei products and it has same features as the viper and they have a immobolizer bypass which does not require another key. They read the signal from the key and then program it into the bypass and when you autostart it send a signal to the ignition. The only drawback is that there is a little transmitter that has to be near the ignition.

This was everything 2 local alarm shops where telling me. I know nothing about alarms but this is the info i gathered from both of them. One shop said its the best and the 2nd shop said its one of the best( but they dont sell it) but they will not install it becasue it is a 8 hour job.
Old Sep 11, 2006 | 01:27 PM

viper 791vx
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wicked MR
I would never take anything to best buy to be installed but thats just me. If i had my choice of any alarm i would wait for the Clifford avantgaurd to get on the market. Its gunna be crazy expensive but 1 mile paging range ftw. I also used to have the viper 791 on my 240sx and i liked it alot just wish the range was better.
the new 791 (Rebadged) is 1 mile.
Old Sep 12, 2006 | 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by daisaw1219
I ve heard of the shelby alarms i actually started a thread a while back about it and nobody knew what i was talking about. Basically it has better range then both compustar and dei products and it has same features as the viper and they have a immobolizer bypass which does not require another key. They read the signal from the key and then program it into the bypass and when you autostart it send a signal to the ignition. The only drawback is that there is a little transmitter that has to be near the ignition.

This was everything 2 local alarm shops where telling me. I know nothing about alarms but this is the info i gathered from both of them. One shop said its the best and the 2nd shop said its one of the best( but they dont sell it) but they will not install it becasue it is a 8 hour job.
DUDE... u sure.. it for all SHelby or mustang or fords cars
http://www.shelbyautosecurity.com/menu.asp
Old Sep 25, 2006 | 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Are there multiple versions of the Viper 791XV? If so, what are the differences?

I've seen it priced from $499 installed to $650.