Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Alarm Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm Suggestions

After reading so many post about people's EVO's getting violated, I was thinking I should get an alarm before anything happens to mine. On my Rsx I had The VIPER 791XV. This was an nice alarm. Thinking of buying the same alarm. Or should I go a different rout. I know Clifford RSX 3.5 is also nice. Any other alarms out there that are nice, in the not too expensive range.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Well it all depends on your exact needs for the alarm. Preventing it from being stolen, the goods inside, need a little more info on what you want out of it. Features like, able to do a trunk release, window mods, proximity sensor, tilt sensors, glass break sensor, turbo timer, two way paging, starter kill.

Let me know and i can help you further. Also, what price range, and who will be doing the install. Most DEI products require professional installation. And, is the LED color out of the box a big deal?

I've helped a few other guys out on these forums, and according to them gave them great advice. On a further note, i'm a mobile electronics installer, and i do it for a living, so i am not just guessing on the products as i work with them every day.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

i got a compustar 2w900fmr on my evo good stuff
Old Jun 15, 2006, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

for the most part, any DEI alarm is pretty good. a plus side is that the EVO/Lancer is one of the easiest cars to do an alarm on. I put a viper 791 on all my cars and works great.
Old Jun 15, 2006, 11:30 PM

Yeah, you can't go wrong with VIPER
Old Jun 16, 2006, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Compustar
Old Jun 16, 2006, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
Compustar
+1
Old Jun 16, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Shameless plug #403.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 05:14 AM

Got a VIPER 791XV too.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:37 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MRCole
Well it all depends on your exact needs for the alarm. Preventing it from being stolen, the goods inside, need a little more info on what you want out of it. Features like, able to do a trunk release, window mods, proximity sensor, tilt sensors, glass break sensor, turbo timer, two way paging, starter kill.

Let me know and i can help you further. Also, what price range, and who will be doing the install. Most DEI products require professional installation. And, is the LED color out of the box a big deal?

I've helped a few other guys out on these forums, and according to them gave them great advice. On a further note, i'm a mobile electronics installer, and i do it for a living, so i am not just guessing on the products as i work with them every day.
I am also interested in an alarm for my evo which did not come with one unlike my other cars(yes, my 1988 sigma came with a factory alarm). I have been searching and my local installer carries only viper and audiovox. He recommended the viper 791vx. Is this a good product? I am interested in the 2 way paging, glass break sensor, tilt sensor proximity sensor and turbo timer. didn't it come with an immobilizer for the starter standard? is the turbo timer a difficult install as I have noticed being posted before? thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 on compustar.... I have the [2W900FM-A] and you cant go wrong with the 3000ft range and turbo timer option.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 02:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
I am also interested in an alarm for my evo which did not come with one unlike my other cars(yes, my 1988 sigma came with a factory alarm). I have been searching and my local installer carries only viper and audiovox. He recommended the viper 791vx. Is this a good product? I am interested in the 2 way paging, glass break sensor, tilt sensor proximity sensor and turbo timer. didn't it come with an immobilizer for the starter standard? is the turbo timer a difficult install as I have noticed being posted before? thanks!
as far as installing the 791 on an EVO/Lancer, its easy. the built-in turbotimer feature is accessable by pressing a couple buttons on the remote. as far as installing extra accessories like you stated (glass sensor/tilt) cake as well.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
would the turbotimer effect the alarm, iam sure you can't arm it with the engine still running. do you have to wait untill it turns off to arm it. Iam currently looking at the compustar so any other upgrades available with that alarm?
Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:47 AM

i posted this info in the thread you're referring to...

check out www.asianwolf.co.za

their top of the range has everything..
tap sensor, turbo timer, lcd display.. etc etc etc... even takes pictures or the person tampering with the vehicle.

my favourite, is the remote start.. its also fully armed while remote start and turbo timed.

gets kids everytime.. hehe
Old Jun 20, 2006, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Search Alarm