Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

In dash multi disk hadunits?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2006, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In dash multi disk hadunits?

I am in need of a head unit for my EVO. I am looking for somthing that has multi cd capability. I have a Ford factory 6 disk in dash in my Focus and love it . Being able to load 6 disk and not have to carry around cases is really nice. In looking for a new unit I have found the pioneer AVH-P6800DVD which is a high dollar unit, but it looks nc and the 7" screenis pretty pimp.

Does anyone know of any other multi in dash units, or have any experience with the Pioneer? I know I could get a single CD unit and get a changer, but i would rather not go that route.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think in the list of options for the evo, Mitsu lists an in dash cd Changer. You might wanna check with the dealer.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Your rite. I just checked the Mitsu web site and a 6 disk in dash changer is listed as a option. However there is not much info on it.

Anyone have a pic of the OE in dash changer? Is it a seperate piece from the head unit, or is it all one piece?
Old Aug 7, 2006, 04:44 PM

Another option would be to get a new head unit with usb capability and get a 1 gig thumb drive and still have a disc of mp3's in the unit also (days of music). I have one and love it. Every couple weeks I just reload the drive and have fresh music to listen to.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by 9GUY9
I am in need of a head unit for my EVO. I am looking for somthing that has multi cd capability. I have a Ford factory 6 disk in dash in my Focus and love it . Being able to load 6 disk and not have to carry around cases is really nice. In looking for a new unit I have found the pioneer AVH-P6800DVD which is a high dollar unit, but it looks nc and the 7" screenis pretty pimp.

Does anyone know of any other multi in dash units, or have any experience with the Pioneer? I know I could get a single CD unit and get a changer, but i would rather not go that route.
Ive liked pioneer headunits.. I used to have on and loved it.. there is also Eclipse which is real nice also.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. After going around to a couple different stereo shop today I think I am going to go with a single disk head unit, but one that has I pod controlls. That way I can hookup the I pod and throw it in the glove box and use the head unit to controll it. This also mean I don't have to dick around with a double din conversion. Best of all this route is lots cheaper (remember i'm a former DSM'r)

I'm getting married in Oct, and the first thing I wanted to register for was a Ipod. So hopefully I will have one shortly.

Heres the headunit I'm looking at.Pioneer Premier Their going for about $300 shipped on Ebay. I really like its simple classy looks and it supposed to be a pretty bas *** unit.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:26 AM

i recommened the new pioneer avic-z1, its amazing but pricey, i think about $2200. it is 7" touchscreen, with voice recognition navi, bluetooth, dvd, and all kinds of other special features. also has 30gb hard disk drive; 20gb used on all features, 10gb to download music etc. it like having a 10gb i pod
Old Aug 9, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

The avic-z1 looks really nce, but its well out of my budget. I am pretty sure i am going to go with the premier i mentioned. It should fit my needs nicely.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:52 PM

if you're still looking for a multi-cd head unit, you might want to check out some of the older nakamichi units, which iirc have that capability. their car audio line may have been discontinued, though
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cheez80
if you're still looking for a multi-cd head unit, you might want to check out some of the older nakamichi units, which iirc have that capability. their car audio line may have been discontinued, though

Any more info on these, or links? I have never heard of them.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:52 AM

www.nakamichi.com

the price is not cheap, nor are they really good looking or flashy head units. these cater more to the sound quality crowd, and are somewhat hard to find.

good luck!
Old Aug 18, 2006, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

Wow they must be high end! Even the web site is too classy for me