Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Upgrade Kit

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mchuang
Hey I was wonderign do you guys just sell the AC piece seperately also?
That would be a nice option but unfortunately as far we know, they do not. It only comes as a kit. At least that's what I was told. PM 201motorsports.
Old May 22, 2007, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

actually at the beginning they did....dunno if they still do
Old May 22, 2007, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

I have an MR with the factory gauges. Will this setup make me lose those gauges?
Old May 22, 2007, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EV06MR
I have an MR with the factory gauges. Will this setup make me lose those gauges?
With this kit, your havac controls are relocated where your oem gauges are now. There is no where to put them. You can see this from the fabulous pic above. There were rumors of an MR/RS kit a while ago but you probaly shouldn't hold your breatth. So yes, you will lose youur guages.
Old May 22, 2007, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

C'mon Rich, one more metallic run? Who would be in??
Old May 22, 2007, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by outsider
C'mon Rich, one more metallic run? Who would be in??
I would most defiantly be! Count me in!
Old May 22, 2007, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

what about the top piece metallic and the bottom the satin black, just like from factory? he's not making that anymore?! he has to so i can buy one and just save for my TV then....Rich, fill me in!!
Old May 26, 2007, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

I was counting on a metallic kit as well, then was told it will not be produced anymore. So I am going to get the factory double din from Japan, and a Galant HVAC controls fitted with a radio relocation pack, and be done with it.

Anyone done this, from my preliminary research, looks like this should work.
Old May 26, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

I think it's just retarded how Orbital just fell off of the globe.. They had a great product and all of a sudden disappeared... It Sucks...
Old May 26, 2007, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

They didnt fall off the globe. The next production run is taking a long time. More units will be ready by mid June.
Old May 26, 2007, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
They didnt fall off the globe. The next production run is taking a long time. More units will be ready by mid June.
I hope you're right because I really want one!!! But why doesn't Orbital say something... Why are there rumors that they will not be making any more metallic. It would be real simple for someone from Orbital to come on here, say what's going on and squash all the rumors....
Old May 26, 2007, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I hope you're right because I really want one!!! But why doesn't Orbital say something... Why are there rumors that they will not be making any more metallic. It would be real simple for someone from Orbital to come on here, say what's going on and squash all the rumors....
The owner (Rich) told me this directly. We are friends from college and we talk often. We had a conversation about the whole production of the kits, the problems and such. He is expecting them to be done by mid June.

No need for the eye roll thing. Orbital is run by 1 person, who is 24, in school and working full time. He is beyond busy and is doing what he can.
Old May 26, 2007, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

The owner (Rich) told me this directly. We are friends from college and we talk often. We had a conversation about the whole production of the kits, the problems and such. He is expecting them to be done by mid June.

No need for the eye roll thing. Orbital is run by 1 person, who is 24, in school and working full time. He is beyond busy and is doing what he can.
great to hear! so the metallic wont be discontinued?!
Old May 26, 2007, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Well, well, well... See how easy that was.. That's something I didn't know! I gotta give him props then!!! Rich is the man! Now I know to just chill and wait since he's going to get us more units, but I'm still wondering if the metallic version will still be in production and available.

-Thanks for the info!
Old May 27, 2007, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
Well, well, well... See how easy that was.. That's something I didn't know! I gotta give him props then!!! Rich is the man! Now I know to just chill and wait since he's going to get us more units, but I'm still wondering if the metallic version will still be in production and available.

-Thanks for the info!
Even if they dont produce a metallic kit anymore, any real audio facility will be able to refinish the black textured kits in oem metallic color or any color you choose. Expected price range would probably be $50-$100 depending on the company. The process would probably take 1-2 hours hence the price. So even if they arent produced in metallic, I wouldnt sweat it.

Quick Reply: Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Upgrade Kit