Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Post Your systems

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006 | 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Meangean
Here is my setup... I dont got actually pics of my car but i will get pics of what they look like.

1200 watts @1ohm

2 10 inch subs

elemental designs FTW!!!
Old Nov 3, 2006 | 11:44 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Guys, this thread would be much more meaningful if you posted the systems installed in your Evos.
Old Nov 3, 2006 | 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Alpline F-1 speakers front and rear, alpine head unit, Alpine digital amps (2), and two 10" type r subs.....and then a partridge in a pear tree.......
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

AFAIK these systems are installed on Evos, at least mine is.

Originally Posted by FJF
Guys, this thread would be much more meaningful if you posted the systems installed in your Evos.
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

I showed pics of the system as being installed. If I were to take final pics of the installation, you would not be able to see the gear as it is all hidden except for the hu and sub box.
Old Nov 4, 2006 | 04:33 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JuancaROD
AFAIK these systems are installed on Evos, at least mine is.
Brilliant. I'll inform the press.

As this is an Evo forum, the news isn't exactly shocking. I was referring to posing pics of the install instead of pics of the gear in a vacuum, taste and quality aside.

Last edited by FJF; Nov 4, 2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2006 | 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

I have my JL AUDIO 1000/1 amp on Ebay Listing, Check it out... used for a week

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JL-AU...spagenameZWDVW
Old Nov 6, 2006 | 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

It seems like you can't read, the title for this thread says "POST YOUR SYSTEMS", not "POST YOUR INSTALLATIONS".

Originally Posted by FJF
Brilliant. I'll inform the press.

As this is an Evo forum, the news isn't exactly shocking. I was referring to posing pics of the install instead of pics of the gear in a vacuum, taste and quality aside.
Old Nov 6, 2006 | 06:37 PM

nice thread
maybe someone can post a picture where to get in the car whith the + wire from the battery??
i didn't find a hole yet
Old Nov 6, 2006 | 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

its amazing how childish a simple thread can be on EVOM.
Old Nov 6, 2006 | 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoDriverke
nice thread
maybe someone can post a picture where to get in the car whith the + wire from the battery??
i didn't find a hole yet
I don't have pics, but I can explain a great way to get massive 0ga. wire through...

Pop the driver-side wheel well fasteners so you can reach up behind the plastic and into the fender interior space.

Run the wire from the battery, over towards the opening of the fender in front of the fuse box. You can follow the bundle of wires coming from that fuse box right into the fender interior space.

You run the wire up there (protect it with some mesh sheath or plastic conduit), over the wheel-well, and right into the cabin through the rubber bulkhead grommet. That grommet has a very large portion of flat, easily cuttable rubber that you can make a slit through which you shall pass your 0ga. wire. It's pretty easy to cut that slit and not risk damage to other wires if you pay any attention to what you're doing. The flat rubber section of that grommet is that large. You might actually find that a high-quality steak knife is the best tool to make this slit. No, really. haha

Once you cut your slit in that existing grommet, apply a tiny amount of lithium grease to the cable before you pass it through, and it'll glide right on in no problem, even 0ga. cable. The cable enters the interior space just above the drivers side kick panel, so it's easy to grab and route it down behind the kick panel towards your final destination. You can either run it down the driver-side door sill from there, or over to under the seat like I did.

This leaves that passenger-side hole in the firewall free to put other crap through, and the least amount of cable is used without drilling custom holes in your firewall.

Sorry I don't have pictures of that part, but I hope the explanation helps.

Last edited by Roberto; Nov 6, 2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2006 | 02:58 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JuancaROD
It seems like you can't read, the title for this thread says "POST YOUR SYSTEMS", not "POST YOUR INSTALLATIONS".
Once again you missed the point in its entirety.
Old Nov 7, 2006 | 07:58 AM

Right now I have Polk DB6500's up front with two additional tweeters and two 10inch alpine type X woofers driven by a Kenwood 717DVD and a kenwood 6402 Amp and an older Kenwood 800W amp.

I think I'm going to upgrade both amps down the road as well as toss the polks out for a better pair of midrange's in the kickpanels and midbass in the door. This install process and tuning taught me a lot about the Evo's soundstage (L O L).

I've got my sound decent enough right now that I can concentrate on performance mods starting with bare maintenance **** like brake pad replacements and new tires and probably all new fluids in the diff and TC. Three full track events with nearly 500miles driven on is expensive =P.
Old Nov 7, 2006 | 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Roberto
I don't have pics, but I can explain a great way to get massive 0ga. wire through...

Pop the driver-side wheel well fasteners so you can reach up behind the plastic and into the fender interior space.

Run the wire from the battery, over towards the opening of the fender in front of the fuse box. You can follow the bundle of wires coming from that fuse box right into the fender interior space.

You run the wire up there (protect it with some mesh sheath or plastic conduit), over the wheel-well, and right into the cabin through the rubber bulkhead grommet. That grommet has a very large portion of flat, easily cuttable rubber that you can make a slit through which you shall pass your 0ga. wire. It's pretty easy to cut that slit and not risk damage to other wires if you pay any attention to what you're doing. The flat rubber section of that grommet is that large. You might actually find that a high-quality steak knife is the best tool to make this slit. No, really. haha

Once you cut your slit in that existing grommet, apply a tiny amount of lithium grease to the cable before you pass it through, and it'll glide right on in no problem, even 0ga. cable. The cable enters the interior space just above the drivers side kick panel, so it's easy to grab and route it down behind the kick panel towards your final destination. You can either run it down the driver-side door sill from there, or over to under the seat like I did.

This leaves that passenger-side hole in the firewall free to put other crap through, and the least amount of cable is used without drilling custom holes in your firewall.

Sorry I don't have pictures of that part, but I hope the explanation helps.

Thx !!! that's very usefull
Old Nov 8, 2006 | 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

See everybody, we have positive things happening in this thread! hahaha

Quick Reply: Post Your systems