Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Viper 791XV problem, antenna wire ripped

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper 791XV problem, antenna wire ripped

my alarm was installed by a friend of mine and me helping, but to get to the point the antenna wire ripped, so i noticed 4 smaller wires in that bigger wire, i stripped and soldered them back together hooked it up, and how my alarm remote just beeps because its not getting a signal from the main unit. im pretty sure its the antenna but since i repaired the wires im not so sure.. when i try and reprogram the remote to it, i open a door, turn the car to on, and press the first button once then again and hold, the light lights up once indicating the first selection and i try and press a button on the remote and it still wont work. im not so sure what it is anymore. i understand im not a professional and i do understand that its my right to work on my car. thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2006, 09:01 AM

those systems are really complex because of the massive amount of options you can program for it....it might not be just your antennae signal...you got to check a lot of the other wires connected under neath the steering column. Make sure those wires that were ripped were connected properly too. My opinion, those alarms are def pro installed....not amateur like those $99 alarm systems
Old Nov 29, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

it could be the antenna, that is usually the first thing if you arent getting signal, but also, if your unit isnt hooked up properly, it may beep like it is not getting signal. tough to say, try the antenna first...