Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Viper 791XV problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper 791XV problem

well yesterday i armed my car and it made my trasmitter beep twice 1st confirmation that car was armed and 2nd flashed sensor. i unarmed and rearmed and only did one beep. so i turned on/off the car and it did it again. disarmed it then rearmed it and nothing. looked up in the guide and read about bypass notificatrion but says that it would show door open which has happened because i had left one open. i have had it for about a month. do you think I have a bad sensor or those who installed it didnt do it right? it sucks not knowing whats going on. i have never had this happen with this alarm. also is there anyway to bypasssd arming with turbo timer that i use or do i need to use the one it comes with.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

What you are describing seems normal. I have experienced 3rd chirp with mine too. Maybe one of the sensors wasn't ready when you armed it. It'll probably happen every now and then. And as far as bypassing arming, it can be done but whoever installed it would have to integrate the TT. I think its a pain and would just use the one it comes with.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

+1, the second chirp is a bypass notification, and it may be normal depending on the situation. For instance my Clifford RSX3.5 worked just fine until I installed the optional glass sensor (microphone inside the cabin). After that I usually receive the second chirp, I took my car to the alarm dealer and they said it was normal, the alarm brain was bypassing the glass sensor for a few seconds, hence the notification. If the glass sensor is not bypassed, it'll trigger the alarm. I asked if the glass sensor could be delayed for 5 seconds to avoid the notification, but I was told that it was not possible. Check the bypassed sensor on the remote screen and you'll know exactly what the situation is.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The second chirp is the bypass notification. Which means that the alarm has bypassed a sensor to arm the car as this particular sensor was not ready upon arming the car.

What caused this was your dome light (more than likley). The dome light has a delay on it and if you did not hook up dome light supervision during the install, then the alarm will beep a second time if the domelight is still on upon arming the car...

So you can either get used to the notification chirp, turn off the notification chirp using your valet (your remote will still beep), or hook up a relay for domelight supervision. This will turn on your domelight as soon as you press unlock or when you lock the doors the domelight will go off instantly......

Let me know if you need to know how to hook up a relay for domelight supervision
Old Jan 8, 2007, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
The second chirp is the bypass notification. Which means that the alarm has bypassed a sensor to arm the car as this particular sensor was not ready upon arming the car.

What caused this was your dome light (more than likley). The dome light has a delay on it and if you did not hook up dome light supervision during the install, then the alarm will beep a second time if the domelight is still on upon arming the car...

So you can either get used to the notification chirp, turn off the notification chirp using your valet (your remote will still beep), or hook up a relay for domelight supervision. This will turn on your domelight as soon as you press unlock or when you lock the doors the domelight will go off instantly......

Let me know if you need to know how to hook up a relay for domelight supervision

If the door trigger was used, this would not be the case as domelight delay would not effect this wire.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kmcconn9

Sent you a PM about my doemlight dilema..
Old Aug 4, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's your domelight dilemma?
Old Aug 4, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

The problem is I cannot use the door trigger input (white wire) to attach the dome light wire as this intereferes with my remote start sequence. Im using a viper 5701. I just want to find a way to activate my domelight when i disarm the vehicle.

Reason why I say it interferes is upon disarming the alarm the door trigger input also sees this and it assumes all doors are open. I get the door trigger in the dash even though all 4 doors are shut.

Last edited by johnjonfenomeno; Aug 4, 2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

How does this interfere with the remote start sequence? How are you supposed to get into the car after it's started if the door triggers mess it up? How does the manual say to hook it up?

The white wire is the parking light wire (flash lights with arm/disarm), not a door trigger.

You should be able to wire all 4 individual door triggers (at the doors) and diode isolate them then use domelight supervision for the domelight.

I can't think of a reason why you would need to isolate the triggers, but it might not be a bad idea to do it anyway.

Last edited by biggie5252; Aug 4, 2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by biggie5252
How does this interfere with the remote start sequence? How are you supposed to get into the car after it's started if the door triggers mess it up? How does the manual say to hook it up?

The white wire is the parking light wire (flash lights with arm/disarm), not a door trigger.

You should be able to wire all 4 individual door triggers (at the doors) and diode isolate them then use domelight supervision for the domelight.

I can't think of a reason why you would need to isolate the triggers, but it might not be a bad idea to do it anyway.
Ok let me recheck my wiring.. how woudl I go about doing diode isolation.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Here's a diagram. Basically diode isolation is used when the car recognizes each individual door being opened rather than just any door. Any car that has a little screen that says driver's door etc. When you wire up the door trigger on the alarm to individual triggers you short them together, so now the car won't recognize individual doors and will think all of them are open. Diode isolation prevents that. I don't think Evos have any reason to recognize individual doors, but I don't know.

Oh yeah, when you were talking about the door trigger wire being white, I thought you were talking about alarm wiring and not the car wiring. Sorry about that.
Attached Thumbnails Viper 791XV problem-alarm.gif  

Last edited by biggie5252; Aug 4, 2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by biggie5252
Here's a diagram. Basically diode isolation is used when the car recognizes each individual door being opened rather than just any door. Any car that has a little screen that says driver's door etc. When you wire up the door trigger on the alarm to individual triggers you short them together, so now the car won't recognize individual doors and will think all of them are open. Diode isolation prevents that. I don't think Evos have any reason to recognize individual doors, but I don't know.
Yah your right .. I think I wired something wrong. I remember not having this issue with the 791 install. I just wanted to upgrade my alarm to the 5701.