Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

06 RS Radio?????

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 RS Radio?????

I just got a factory radio from a member on here got all the info for speaker harnesses and adapter plates for install. My car is at the dealer and has been for a week and who knows when I'll get it back from them. If it wasn't there I would've already tried it out and I have searched but everything in the threads I've found pertains to aftermarket radios.
Anyways..... My question is the will the white factory harness that supplies power to the gauges, power the radio and send sound to the speakers ? If not then what do I need to do. My assumption is that it does plug right into the factory radio and nothing else is needed. Please someone let me know.

Thanks!
Juan
Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes it will work for the power, sound etc...

Do you already have speakers? The car does not come with those either. Just in case.....The speaker harnesses in the front are taped on the inside of the metal door panels above the speaker holes. You will have to feel up inside there after you pull your door panel off. In the rear they are taped under the panel where the rear speakers mount on the rear dash. If you are in the trunk you will see where they are.

Once you throw some speakers in and a deck you will be good to go. You can get direct plug-in harnesses from Crutchfield so they will plug into your factory speaker harness without cutting it and then those can be wired to the + and - on the harness that comes with your speakers. All you will need for that is some butt connectors and wire cutters / crimpers.

Its pretty simple to do. I installed the full stereo setup in David's RS in about 30min. Deck, 4 speakers and the mounting.

Hope that helps you out.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!!

Yea, I have everything except the speaker harnesses. I'll get those when I get my car back.

Again thanks for the help.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by koffebean00
Thanks!!

Yea, I have everything except the speaker harnesses. I'll get those when I get my car back.

Again thanks for the help.
Not a problem. Glad I could help.