Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Dashboard lights, passenger taillight not working.. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2007, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow again...
Old Mar 4, 2007, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where were you when I asked the question in the audio forum? Save it, I don't act like I know what I'm doing, not concerned that you think I'm an idiot.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 04:22 PM

Fuse IS blown, fixed the incorrect orange wire issue.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 05:34 PM

Fuse fixed it. Still no cig light ring light. It heats up and provides power, no light. I'll take it, was more concerned about the other issues.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

I have the oposite problem. My clock, radio and interior dome light does not work. I've checked every single fuse with a fuse checker that I could find and I can't solve this.
Where is the fuse for the clock/ interior lights and radio? The fuse spot under the steering wheel which says "radio" is locked out...
Old Apr 12, 2007, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Problem solved: I changed out fuses 22 and 23 (the fuse connected with a yellow shroud) and problem solved. Thanks guys.... Sorry to bring back and old thread, but it did help me research my problem...
Old Apr 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
is there a switched power or ignition fuse?

i tapped power off a tt harness without using a tt and now nothing with swtiched power works.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

i got this problem tonight.... the passenger tail not working and some dash lights... the problem: 7.5 fuse/engine bay/tail light fuse
Old Oct 24, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone else with possible causes of this issue? I have the same problem and looked through all wires specified in this thread but to no avail.

Located a possible cause with the oil temperature guage/oil drain plug wires being wet by the radiator overflow. Possible cause number two was a ground behind the triple gauge pod (RS/MR) being disconnected. Wires behind the radio are unexposed.

Still, with having those issues resolved, I'm having the same problem. Fuse number 20 keeps blowing out.

UPDATE: I used a "T" connector on the RPM wire from the ECU that just happends to be green and white. There were three strands of copper wire that were cut off. Anybody think that sounds about right to blow a fuse?

Update: 11/7/08 Fuse blew out again.........

Last edited by D-VO; Nov 7, 2008 at 03:23 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 03:22 AM
Evolved Member

Got it. Get this, the green and white wire for the light on the ashtray found it's way toward the e-brake. WTH? All is well.

Last edited by D-VO; Nov 30, 2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

I'm having the same issue with my interior lights like in the first post of this thread. I swapped out the fuse, and it worked for a little bit. Then it just return back to what it was like not lighting up. I've checked the wires under the driver kick panel like said before and nothing looks out of the ordinary. Any other ideas guys? please help, this is bothering me.
Old May 9, 2009, 05:13 PM

Hate to bring back an old thread but I just started having issues with my clock and radio. After spending an hour or so checking wires and fuses, I happened upon this thread. I pulled the panel off the lower foot well and it was visible on the outside that moisture was getting on the wires and plugs. The wire that powers the clock and radio pulled right out as the wire itself had corroded.

I stripped the wire and wedged it back in but I don't feel that this was a good solution This might be a good thing to check on VIII's. I am not sure how many cars have this issue but could be an issue.

Anyone know a good way to repair this connector? Can it be dis-assembled and put back together? I wonder what else is powered in that cluster? Could be issues later on ...
Old Jun 14, 2014, 07:54 AM

I had the same problem,I managed to short the auto dimmer circuit installing a gauge, I didn't realize I had blew the dial, tail and nplate lights till I started to get dark,
So I spent ages at the side of the road checking fuses that seemed all right,
It wasent until the next day I per chased better quality blade fuses everything came alive.