Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Viper 791xv question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I've used hte steering column, firewall or the center console area in most installs.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
actually you're going to want it mounted to something solid NOT a harness. Reason being is a harness is going to act like a cushion for impact, anything solid under the dash (dash support, underdash panel) are going to move WITH the car, the harness could swing and not move with the bumped car. Though i've had them work zip tied to the main harness, the BEST place is something metal or plastic
Old Feb 19, 2007, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MConsoliA4
actually you're going to want it mounted to something solid NOT a harness. Reason being is a harness is going to act like a cushion for impact, anything solid under the dash (dash support, underdash panel) are going to move WITH the car, the harness could swing and not move with the bumped car. Though i've had them work zip tied to the main harness, the BEST place is something metal or plastic
Lets be serious here. Which ignition harness is going to swing and not moved with a bumped car.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

On the 791XV, what wire connects to the trunk trigger? I don't see it in the viper manual
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

It should be the solid blue wire on the main harness. It has to be extended to reach the light in the trunk.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

(-) Multiplexed Input, Zone 4 ?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ntwaddel
(-) Multiplexed Input, Zone 4 ?
Don't remember off the top of my head but it is the only solid blue wire on the main harness. Main harness is the one with the biggest plug. The trunk input is that blue wire.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NoTec
Lets be serious here. Which ignition harness is going to swing and not moved with a bumped car.
Hey i'm with ya 100% i just stick to what they "recommend" when you go to DEI's trainings. I've just gotten used to doing it that way.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, That is the usual trunk trigger. You can also diode isolate the hood pin and use that input if you have other ideas/uses for the multiplexed inputs.

On a car like the Evo the ingition wire harness will work fine for the shock sensor. I personally never did that because I was really into hiding the presence of the security system. I pulled MANY dsashboards just for alarm installs.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 03:28 PM

If you didn't connect the satellite harness the unit will never reset after an intrusion is detected. Viper units reset by turning the ignition on, the ignition connection is through the satellite harness. I found that out the hard way a while ago when I couldn't get into the features programming menu. It turned out that the ribbon plug was tugged out a little on one side at the brain and it wasn't receiving the (+) ignition signal from the yellow wire.

On the Evo I've had very good results mounting the shock sensor on the steering column. Just take your time and adjust it right.