Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

WTF.. is my car posessed?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF.. is my car posessed?

okay.. I had some experience to driving home from work.

While I was driving, my windshield washer fluid started to spray outta no where! I didnt even turned it on or nothing... and to top this off.. that fluid was spraying from point A where at Work at to Point B at home! my fluild is gone and the pump is still goin... i can hear it running while my key is turned on.

when i turn off my car and take the keys out of the ignition... the pump stopps. but if i put it on ACC or ON position, then the windshield fluid pumps starts running! wtf.

do i need a new pump? a new wiper control switch? new harness? a whole new car harness. i mean.. this is getting annoying and i have to stop it.

I am suprised that I am the ONLY mitsu owner that is experience this posessive experience with my car.

On the side note... I have other issues before too but I believe its now resolved after I took out my turbo timer. here is the link to the thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=254479
Old Mar 2, 2007, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

No idea why it's doing it, but you definately should disconnect that pump before it burns out.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has to be some sort of electrical problem with relays or wiring by itself. Didn't you install anything new lately? Radio, Nav, etc.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

I spilled coffee on the IC switch (Center switch), and it stuck OPEN, or PUMPING for a while. Coffee gummed up the switch, I hit it accidently, and it kept pumping. You however, might have a faulty switch/relay in the control switch on the steering column.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

I had my car checked out my mitsu.. and its going to cost me about $400 in repair.

they have told me that the left driver side kick plate where all the harnesses are all at.. one of the 24-pin harness got corrodded and it melted my harness. causing all this crap to happened.

now the car is working and im about to get raped in the *** in about 30 minutes. $400 bill for all that.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:12 PM

omg.. man that stinks, what was your aftermarket install?
Old Mar 6, 2007, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by projekt_shocker
I had my car checked out my mitsu.. and its going to cost me about $400 in repair.

they have told me that the left driver side kick plate where all the harnesses are all at.. one of the 24-pin harness got corrodded and it melted my harness. causing all this crap to happened.

now the car is working and im about to get raped in the *** in about 30 minutes. $400 bill for all that.
whoa..say what? Can you take a pic of that? it got corrodded and melted. how did that happen??
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by johnleefd
omg.. man that stinks, what was your aftermarket install?
turbo timer, fmic, uicp, licp, intake, tbe, mbc, fuel pump, bov, dynoflash, and suspension
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOllie
whoa..say what? Can you take a pic of that? it got corrodded and melted. how did that happen??

i will post pics up tommorow. time for bed.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

Did this guy hook up your turbo timer?---->
Old Mar 7, 2007, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

the turbo timer already has a HKS harness (MT-6) installed in there. There wasnt any problems to that timer. The reason why all this happened was that my harness got corroded and I had it fixed from the dealer. now my car is running fine and all except my 'srs' light came on after the fix.

i really want to know what is all hooked up on that harness. the dealer cut all that off and rewired the whole wiring for me. if that harness is connected with or associated with the SRS. i am going to regulate that fat man that is trying to take more money out of my wallet.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Read my thread, it might help. ----> https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=248587
Old Mar 26, 2007, 12:58 PM

wow that sucks dude same problem with ic spray as the guy before only it was a god damn slurpee!!!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 02:36 AM

you guys actually eat and drink while you drive your evos? hahah my wife hates it when i tell her to be careful with her coffee or whatever shes drinking while shes riding in the evo only because of reasons like the ones stated above ^^^^
Old Apr 4, 2007, 02:55 AM
Evolved Member

After I too spilled coffee on the IC sprayer, I just poored water on the same thing, after a few times of spilling water and tilting the switch back and forth it works just fine now...