Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Greddy Turbo Timer and Viper 791xv issues...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2007, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Turbo Timer and Viper 791xv issues...

Hey guys, I recently got a Greddy Turbo Timer and I cannot activate my alarm when it is counting down... I have to wait until the car is off to activate the alarm. I have the viper 791xv with remote start. I heard it is possible to activate the alarm while the turbo timer is counting down... Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to know also. bump for the answer...
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

I would like to know as well
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^^^
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

I have this setup but it kinda sux. If you push and hold the arm button it will arm but the second the car cuts of it will automatically disarm.

If you have your alarm controlling your locks the car will open if not the doors will be locked but the car will still be disarmed.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

I believe the 791vx comes with a turbo timer feature, you won't need any aftermarket turbo timer.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Why dont you use the turbo timer feature that is built in to the alarm? that will solve your issue?

the reason why the alarm is not turning on is because you're ignition is on. The alarm will not arm unless the ignition is off. if you use the built in turbo timer then it's a differnt story
Old Mar 24, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

A 5 prong relay will make it work fine. You just need to do some cutting and crimping to get it to work right. Basically you want the relay to open the circuit that feeds the alarm IGN 1 when the turbotimer is activated

85 goes to ground
86 goes to IGN 1 from turbo timer
87a goes to IGN from key switch(this will need to be cut from the main harness of the car)
30 Goes to IGN input on alarm(it will be the yellow wire, depending on how new the system is it is the small yellow wire in the ribbon cable)
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goBYeBYe
Why dont you use the turbo timer feature that is built in to the alarm? that will solve your issue?

the reason why the alarm is not turning on is because you're ignition is on. The alarm will not arm unless the ignition is off. if you use the built in turbo timer then it's a differnt story
it's a pain in the *** to reach for the remote on the keychain while its in the ignition and press the 2 bottom buttoms to turn on the turbo timer.. and then the time only work for less than a minute.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

lol did you know you could set the time that you want the program to run, read the owner's manual!! and if you don't like touching the button all the time on the chain, have your installer install indash buttons I have the same exact alarm and yes its possible!

Last edited by hksevoix; Mar 25, 2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hksevoix
lol did you know you could set the time that you want the program to run, read the owner's manual!! and if you don't like touching the button all the time on the chain, have your installer install indash buttons I have the same exact alarm and yes its possible!
please tell me how you do this because I can't find it in my manual. I looked everywhere. It says it can be programed for 1,3,5,10 minutes but I can't find how to program it. All it tells me is that you have to press the * and AUX button at the same time on the remote to activate the timer. and I even made a thread about it when i first got this alarm, no one could help me. how did your installer install the 2 buttons on the remote to activate the turbo timer? those buttons are on the remote and so how do you make separate buttons to activate the timer? If anyone know I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks