Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Viper 791XV install...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper 791XV install...

I installed a Viper 791XV security system, ran through the initial program between the remote and the unit and everything seemed fine. I then wanted to test it so i opened a door when the vehicle was armed and tried to disable it. The alarm will not disable... I called Directed and apparently its a "professionally installed product" so they wont give me tech support over the phone. I tried using the door switch in various positions thinking it may have been a trigger, but the remote doesnt seem to be learning the signal anymore. It was showing the "door open" before, and now it just shows a little line on the top left of the remote and it beeps randomly. Is there anyway to reset this thing back to default? Any ideas?
Old Mar 26, 2007, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

First, to disable the alarm. You gotta find your valet switch. Its usually accessible to the driver but hidden somewhere. Check your fuse box or kick panel or anywhere in the interior for that switch. It looks like the one in the following link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180061875461

Once you find it:

1. insert your key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position. Dont crank the starter. In the ON/ignition position, all of your dash lights come on.
2. press that valet switch one time and release. Your alarm should be disabled now. Should be because most people dont set that switch the way its intended to be used. If that doesnt help, you may have to take your car in to anywhere that installs DEI products. They will probably charge you at least $30 bucks for the first 30 minutes of labor.

There is also a way to reset or clear the remote. First, try pressing the lock button on the remote several times until it responds. If its not responding to any input at all. Then you have to use that magic valet switch in your car again.

1. Open a door in the car.
2. Turn your key to the on position.
3. Press the valet button twice and hold it down on the second button press.
4. Press the lock button on your remoteand release.
5. you should here your siren chirp or go full blast momentarilly, I cant remember.
6. Let go of the valet switch and turn off the ignition. You will here the siren do one more full blast.
7. The remote should work. If it still doesnt work, PM me and explain in absolute detail what happen and I'll try to assist you further. Goodluck

Last edited by NoTec; Mar 26, 2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

confused

shouldnt he know where the valet switch is since he installed the alarm?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pltek
shouldnt he know where the valet switch is since he installed the alarm?
LOL, dont know how I missed that. I feel confused now too. Just ignore all the crap about finding the valet switch and try everything else.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats weird, the remotes dont loose their programming all of a sudden. Unless something is wrong internally with the remote.

Just try to reprogram the remote as described in the above instructions, and it that dosent work, then you have a defective remote.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 04:28 PM

Ok, ill be trying these steps tonight. I finally got it to disable and just stopped using it all together, and i now have the chance to give it a run.

thanks a lot for the suggestions guys, i really appreciate it.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nexion
Ok, ill be trying these steps tonight. I finally got it to disable and just stopped using it all together, and i now have the chance to give it a run.

thanks a lot for the suggestions guys, i really appreciate it.
Are you running the remote start? The place I took it to pre-wired it but didn't want to take responsibilty for it. If you did could you please help me out. I have looked through countless posts but I don't know electronics at all. Thanks!