Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

IX SE Fogs on a IX GSR Conversion Q.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007 | 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

IX SE Fogs on a IX GSR Conversion Q.

Alright guys, I'm tired of searching and searching and coming up w/ the same dead end threads. Some are very informative and others just leave me stumped.

I have a IX GSR base w/ the non-hid headlights.

So far to start this conversion I have.....

IX SE Headlights
Relay Fuse for the fogs.
Interior cabin OEM Button for fogs.

Now, how and what do i need to make this work. When opened the front ECU section to put the relay fuse I noticed that inside the black plastic insert there weren't any metal terminals to actually hold the fuse down? Also, What harness do I need to plug into the back of the button in the cabin... and where would that run and plug into if I had it?

Where can i source these parts.... Dealer isn't much of help and they wanna rape me on prices.

Please help..

trying to accomplish this look on a IX GSR

Last edited by Wallesasuaz; Apr 27, 2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2007 | 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

bump....

update, I just received my SE IX headlights in the mail today. But I noticed that they are a bit different. Yes, it has a HID housing and most likely I'll have to convert my 9006 bulbs over to D2s or something like that. But I have noticed that next to the HID housing is a little box w/ a plug on it as if there was something that connected into there? Would that be the power for the HID itself?

Last edited by Wallesasuaz; Apr 29, 2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2007 | 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Update...

Funny how no one has nothing to add to this thread.. well anyways.

I got the Headlights and I just finished installing them. Nice how the HID's shine in the HID housing. The only problem I have right now is that I need to source the actual harness or make my fogs work. Another problem that I just noticed while driving at night.. is that the HID's need adjusting. They aren't as bright as they were in my old headlight housings... It could be possibly that they need adjusting but is there anyway to manually adjust them? They have a box that seems to be the control for adjust the high and low at the same time...
Old Apr 29, 2007 | 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

no, don't touch the box. it will mess up the leveler motor. you should see 2 black plastic gears around behind the high beam area, one a little larger than the other with a 10mm hex head on it. turn that gear which in turn turns the smaller gear connected to the low beam by cable so you adjust the highs/lows evenly at the same time. if it seems stuck, you may have to nudge the smaller gear along with a screwdriver as you turn the larger gear. clockwise lowers and counterclockwise raises if my memory serves me correct.
Old Apr 30, 2007 | 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Hondafan thanks!

I'm a try this later after work and see if it works.
Old Apr 30, 2007 | 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Hondafan,

Well I tried your method but only the highbeam seemed to move. And getting to the low beam wheel, if any is near to impossible w/ such tight clearance on these headlights.
Old Apr 30, 2007 | 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, it's a little easier if you move some stuff out of the way, like the coolant overflow and stuff. but that gear is the way to do it unless you want dancing headlights from screwing with the leveling motor! i was able to successfully move the small gear along with my finger as i turned the hex head with a 1/4" drive 10 mm socket.
Old Apr 30, 2007 | 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

hmm.. So there is a spindel wheel for the main headlight? It must be hidden somewhere all the way towards the corner.

Cause I was comparing to my stockers that i'm about to ship out and they have two spindels that are connected through a tube covered in plastic. meaning if i spin one the high beam spindel moves along w/ it. < but those are the non-hid ones. ( I've attached a picture of what the non-hid ones look like showing the spindels )

The SE's don't have this. Instead where the main spindel is, it's the Circuit Box. So i have no idea how that would control the low and high beam level at the same time? unless that's just not true and you have to manually adjust your highbeams... i'm so confused..lol
Attached Thumbnails IX SE Fogs on a IX GSR Conversion Q.-pic-0201.jpg   IX SE Fogs on a IX GSR Conversion Q.-pic-0202.jpg  

Last edited by Wallesasuaz; Apr 30, 2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old May 1, 2007 | 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

you want to turn the gear in the lower left of your first pick. the larger one with the plastic 10mm hex-head. this should level your lows/highs at the same time. i have IX SE headlights in my car and it works. just make sure that the smaller gear intersecting the larger one that you're turning is going along with it or you'll need to nudge it along.
Old May 1, 2007 | 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I ended up figuring it out. I stuck a thin philips screwdriver inside the control box and started turning that sucker. I saw the notch outside start to turn and noticed i was getting somewhere. The beam started to adjust and move higher.. and I must say, I do have better lighting on the road.

Next step is to figure out how to make my foglights work! i'll keep ya posted.
Old Jun 22, 2007 | 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Well update. I just ended up running an independent connections to my Foglights. I went to Autozone and picked up a Foglight wiring kit w/ a switch. I made sure everything was soldered properly and grounded. Then I ran the power off the Acc/Ignition cable behind the dash panel from my sunroof button.
Now I can run my fogs independent w/o my low beams even being turned on. Also, They turn off when the car is turned off. So I never forget about leaving them on and draining the battery.

d
Old Jun 22, 2007 | 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Man I need to hire you to do mine!!! LOL good job on this. i don't think I am skilled to do this type of thing.
Old Jun 22, 2007 | 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

This is a set up I want to go with as well. Where did you buy your SE Housing and bulbs, with the Fogs? What was the total price for everything? The stock GSR lights are like an old VW.
Old Jun 22, 2007 | 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

lol....

I bought my SE Lights Used here on the forum for $500 shipped
I sold my GSR non-ssl's for $450 shipped
Eh, so it was a pretty good deal.

keep in mind, i kept my original harness and the SE came only with the foglight/highbeam bulbs. NO HIDs in the housing.

I got my Foglight Wiring kit from Autozone for like 10 bucks or something.
Old Jun 22, 2007 | 02:25 PM
Account Disabled

I DID THIS SWAP ALREADY CLICK THE 2 THREADS BELOW FOR INFO:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=277249

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=277432