Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

trouble with remote start :(

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2007, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sharkm87
Well trying to test the remote start, i got all the wires tagged, when i hit the remote start and the key is in the ignition, it will turn on, and cut off after about 10 sec.....

Originally Posted by MConsoliA4
even if you had not tach signal with a DEI product it would still crank over but it would grind or it would run for about 10 seconds and die.

I think hes saying the car does run but only for 10 sec. You either have the IGN and CONSTANT bassackwards, wrong tach wire, or change it to voltage sensing.
Old May 3, 2007, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MConsoliA4
tach would not matter if you turn the key to ignition and the car starts! trust me on this one, check to make sure your accessory and ignition off the remote starter are not backwards. even if you had not tach signal with a DEI product it would still crank over but it would grind or it would run for about 10 seconds and die. if it were the immobilizer you wouldn't need to turn the key, just putting it IN the ignition cylinder would allow it to start because it would see the key, much like what the bypass is simulating
I agree. Even though, the car remains running when it is remote started with the key in the on positon, he hasn't verified whether or not if the remote start is still on. The car could be stayingon only because the key has the car on. The R/S could still be turning off after 10 secs. Check those ignition wires and ensure they are correct.
Old May 3, 2007, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Yes Sir!
Old May 3, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Haven't had time yet, shootin for tomorrow or over weekend
Old May 3, 2007, 09:49 AM

if the remote start has a tach wire use the odd color injector wire. It would also grind the starter if it couldnt sence tack.

If it starts and shuts down rather quick then its the security. It usually will flash the security dash light if this happens. The key in the ignition will ususally bypass this like you did.

If it starts and runs for a while and dies I think you might have a second ignition wire that needs hooked up too. Some cars have 2 ignition wires, or more.