Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

help me write a DIY for compustar 2w900fm-as alarm on a 2006 EVO MR!!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help me write a DIY for compustar 2w900fm-as alarm on a 2006 EVO MR!!

ok.. i officially feel a little lost.. i was orginally gonna install my compustar 2w900fm-as alarm myself but i felt a little overwhelmed without have a direct "hook this wire to that wire which is located at.. blah blah blah location" walkthrough so i tried to find an installer shop that would do it for me. NO-ONE will install this alarm due to it being remote start on a manual.. they all say no because of the "liability". so now i HAVE to install it myself.. well.. due to this factor i have decided that if im gonna go through all of this and do it myself i will write a FULL DIY with walkthough pictures and detailed guide on installing one of these suckers.. what im asking any and all the members here to do is give all the information you can to me related to what wires go where and i will make the DIY. i have found out from a few people that the wiring is different from the 05 to the 06 a little so if someone has wiring diagrams for the 06 MR please post it!! thanks all!!
Old May 5, 2007, 08:28 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
search is your friend. I would not want to do a DIY as originally I was planning to do when I installed my alarm because it will make it easy picking if somebody wants to disable the alarm. install is easy if you follow the install manual I linked you. because I installed it myself, I was able to add both 508d and 507t.
Old May 5, 2007, 08:35 PM

here's the wiring diagram c/o retardtim
Attached Thumbnails help me write a DIY for compustar 2w900fm-as alarm on a 2006 EVO MR!!-evo-wiring-diagram.gif  
Old May 6, 2007, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
search is your friend. I would not want to do a DIY as originally I was planning to do when I installed my alarm because it will make it easy picking if somebody wants to disable the alarm. install is easy if you follow the install manual I linked you. because I installed it myself, I was able to add both 508d and 507t.
the only problem that i found is that the 06 is different for the 05 from what i read on here.. so i dont know if i can use that diagram or not.. plus i will not be posting pics of where i put the "important stuff.. just a DIY on the wiring from a n00bs point of view.. on the diagram above jsut so i know i reading it right the red wire for the alarm would get wired to the white wire in th ignition harness correct? if so then we should have a list that is like 10 times as long as that for all the wires that we have with this alarm..

Last edited by fyreant; May 6, 2007 at 05:52 AM.
Old May 6, 2007, 09:15 AM

the colors on the left is for a viper 791 xv alarm. the install manual of the compustar will tell you where to connect those. download the detailed manual from www.the12volt.com it doesn't come with the box.
Old May 6, 2007, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

if ur talking about the manual that says "connector 1 pin #1 is XXXXX and pin #2 is XXXX" i have that one but i believe that one is poorly explained as well.. i want to make something with soe real "pictures" of what its supposed to look like.. hey sblvro ddid you ever get your remote start working properly with ur turbo timer?? also i may be willing to pay someone on this site that has tis alarm installed on thier car to help with the DIY..
Old May 6, 2007, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

whatever shop you went to that wouldn't install your CompuStar on a manual should be slapped lol, they were the first and best to ever come out with a manual-safe system. What a ****ty excuse to not install it
Old May 6, 2007, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MConsoliA4
whatever shop you went to that wouldn't install your CompuStar on a manual should be slapped lol, they were the first and best to ever come out with a manual-safe system. What a ****ty excuse to not install it
actually i have called about 10 different shops and 8 would not do it.. the other 2 said $400 to install and $300 - $350 to install.. thats why im willing to pay someone on here to help me write the DIY..
Old May 7, 2007, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by fyreant
.. hey sblvro ddid you ever get your remote start working properly with ur turbo timer?? ..
I did not put it in reservation mode. So, yeah the remote start works even on turbo timer mode. Actually, there are two install manual I used, the cm3000 and also an earlier cm with explanations as to what it is for. Also on the same website.
Old May 7, 2007, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

Actually, there are two install manual I used, the cm3000 and also an earlier cm with explanations as to what it is for. Also on the same website.
do you remember which one? is it a better explaination of where the wires go?
Old May 7, 2007, 04:57 AM

it is the CM2000AS. Use it as a guide but the CM3000 takes priority if you have any questions.
Old May 7, 2007, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

you might as well not buy a TT cuz the alarm has one built in. Plus it HAS to be running when you exit the vehicle(I.e reservation mode) so youve killed 2 bird with one stone
Old May 8, 2007, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

it is the CM2000AS. Use it as a guide but the CM3000 takes priority if you have any questions.
wow that guide explains things much better.. ok are there any wires that i am not supposed to connect to anything / not supposed to use? and what wires need to be diode isolated if any??
Old May 8, 2007, 03:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MConsoliA4
Astrostart has been making standard remote start systems for years. At least 12 that I know of. Hell, even Harada was doing it that long ago.

They use a lazer setup which is pretty slick so the RS can actually *see* that the car is in neutral.
Old May 8, 2007, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by fyreant
wow that guide explains things much better.. ok are there any wires that i am not supposed to connect to anything / not supposed to use? and what wires need to be diode isolated if any??
I diode isolated anything that you can think of. the bypass module, the 508d, the 507t, etc. CN#2 pin#3-5 I did not use.

Quick Reply: help me write a DIY for compustar 2w900fm-as alarm on a 2006 EVO MR!!