Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.
View Poll Results: Do you like the new F1Spec seats
Yes
14.29%
No
14.29%
No clue...haven't seen or sat in them
71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

pics or info on F1spec seats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics or info on F1spec seats

anyone purchase, instal, or sit in the F1 spec seats that are forsale on the forums?
I want to buy a set but want to get some feedback first.
thanks
Old Sep 25, 2007, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

anyone have any info at all?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

so far no one has seen or sat in them. not good news
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

i've seen them at HIN just recently. I sat in them as well but they were not mounted so i can't really say much about them.

My friends sat in the type 1,2 and 3 models @ the show and they said they were "ok..." didn't really impress them and i sat in the bride gias/low max imitation and they were nice and snug, the materials seemed to be very thin but with most bucket style seats you'll wear the material quicker than most anyway.

i can see the 1pc type3's are the same as the ones that megan sells which i have sat in while mounted in a car and they were thin and flimsy even though it was "carbon" or should i say carbon laid over fiberglass shell? they were snug and deep [i'm a size 36 and 5'1] but i can feel the shell flex a little when i sat in them and especially when getting out of the seat. the side bolsters of the seat would flex when getting out.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

hmm interesting, so they had them at HIN though? I believe HIN will be in Vegas in a few weeks, maybe I will look for them then
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

yup
HIN in vegas october 6th
im going
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

anyone else with any info?
Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

anyone else have any info?
thanks
Old Sep 30, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

go browse the honda forums F1 spec has been catering the mugen imitation seat for awhile to those guys maybe they have something to say about it.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DriftRunSir
go browse the honda forums F1 spec has been catering the mugen imitation seat for awhile to those guys maybe they have something to say about it.
awesome, thanks alot
Old Sep 30, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

ok, i've done some searching and most peoples concerns are that the seats are not FIA approved.

my main concern is that last time i bought a replica reclinable seat [not from F1 Spec] the seat practically fell apart and the back support of the seat wobbled around. the rails sucked and during hard turns or hard breaking you can feel the seat slide forward.

this experience of mine with another companies replica seat seemed to be the same complaint an rx7 owner had with the F1spec seats. Post #11 in link below.

http://www.rx7club.com/showpost.php?...3&postcount=11

this complaint was also expressed last year and F1spec did mention in the same thread that they take customers feedback and incorporate it into their products...who knows if they've actually taken this guys comment about the flexing and sliders

the seat flexes a lot more than I expected... the seat sliders only lock on one side so when you slam the brakes you can feel the seat tilt to one side as the unlocked slider moves forward a bit.
i personally like the look of these seats but i hope they've solved the problem of the thin fiberglass shell to keep it from flexing and the probelm with the sliders.

Last edited by DriftRunSir; Sep 30, 2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DriftRunSir
ok, i've done some searching and most peoples concerns are that the seats are not FIA approved.

my main concern is that last time i bought a replica reclinable seat [not from F1 Spec] the seat practically fell apart and the back support of the seat wobbled around. the rails sucked and during hard turns or hard breaking you can feel the seat slide forward.

this experience of mine with another companies replica seat seemed to be the same complaint an rx7 owner had with the F1spec seats. Post #11 in link below.

http://www.rx7club.com/showpost.php?...3&postcount=11

this complaint was also expressed last year and F1spec did mention in the same thread that they take customers feedback and incorporate it into their products...who knows if they've actually taken this guys comment about the flexing and sliders

i personally like the look of these seats but i hope they've solved the problem of the thin fiberglass shell to keep it from flexing and the probelm with the sliders.

Hmm, I wonder how the non reclinables are? I think I might go that route and not worry about the reclining part braking. also might go fixed instead of sliders
Old Sep 30, 2007, 06:29 PM

Why are you looking at putting cheap knock-off seats in your Evo?
Old Sep 30, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Hmm, I wonder how the non reclinables are? I think I might go that route and not worry about the reclining part braking. also might go fixed instead of sliders
if you read that thread i linked they were talking about the type 2 seat which is a 1pc seat. My experience was from a 2piece but non the less it was a replica and it didn't meet the standards.

Originally Posted by RallyDave
Considering a Bride seat is only rated for a driver weighting less then 220lbs, and your paying over a $1,000 for just one, I'd be worried about thier safety. A lot of this "JDM" stuff is nothing but hype and image. You really going to tell me a $600 5-way Takata harness is going to protect you better then a $150 6-way Simpson harness? Yeah.........right.
I agree a lot with the guy i just quoted from the RX7 forum, a lot of this is just hype. Mugen, Spoon, Bride have non FIA Spec seats and some recaro, sparco seats are non FIA spec as well...but seriously 1pc seats are made for racing not daily driving so if the seat supports you and they dont flex or break then what does it matter? other than the fact that you are just buying in on the brand name hype right?

think out of the box and be different don't just get the same things the guy next to you is getting.

Last edited by DriftRunSir; Sep 30, 2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallyDave
they arent cheap.
they weigh 20% of the stock seats.

my alternative is the Buddy Club fixed position seats.
I can get a set for 850 shipped. weight is like 12-14 lbs

Quick Reply: pics or info on F1spec seats