Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Harness for SSL Evo and Pioneer Navi Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2007, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harness for SSL Evo and Pioneer Navi Questions

Also posted this on socalevo.net but figured I'd try here too.

I'm thinking of getting the Pioneer Avic D3 but I'm worried about how long it will take to get the orbital double din kit as well as the relocating the ac controls. I wanted a double din unit because it looks really nice from pictures and do not want a motorized unit if I get a single din. If I do end up getting a single din, it will be the AVIC N4 but was wondering if anyone had bad experiences/comments on having a motorized display. If I get the N4, I wouldn't have to worry about relocation and the wait list for the orbital. What's everyone's thought on this?

As for the adapters, I have the SSL package and from reading the forum, I would need the MITAH and METRA adapters. Are these the only adapters that I can buy to make it work? Is there an all in one adapter? Where is the best/cheapest place to get these adapters? Thanks for all your help.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pjs4x
Also posted this on socalevo.net but figured I'd try here too.

I'm thinking of getting the Pioneer Avic D3 but I'm worried about how long it will take to get the orbital double din kit as well as the relocating the ac controls. I wanted a double din unit because it looks really nice from pictures and do not want a motorized unit if I get a single din. If I do end up getting a single din, it will be the AVIC N4 but was wondering if anyone had bad experiences/comments on having a motorized display. If I get the N4, I wouldn't have to worry about relocation and the wait list for the orbital. What's everyone's thought on this?

As for the adapters, I have the SSL package and from reading the forum, I would need the MITAH and METRA adapters. Are these the only adapters that I can buy to make it work? Is there an all in one adapter? Where is the best/cheapest place to get these adapters? Thanks for all your help.
You do know that the Orbital kits aren't made anymore...right?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 09:52 PM

No, I didn't know. I've been out of the loop. I just started doing stereo research now. What are other options instead of the orbital kit then if I want an avic d3?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

They may not be manufacturing the orbital double din, but try orbital directly: http://www.orbitalperformancesystems...?productid=134
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pjs4x
I have an '04 with SSL and I installed an Alpine command unit and a different sub and amp to power for the sub. I still use the SSL amp and internals. All i needed was the MITSRCVR adapter from SoundGate.com to run the SSL amp and internals (sub too if I still wanted to run it). I paid $35 shipped.