Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Annoying problems with Pioneer deh 7900bt head unit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pjs4x
For those with this head unit, anytime the radio, cd player, ipod, etc. is on and even when the radio is off, the background intermittently turns all blue and bright and then turns off and goes back to normal. It does this all the time and It is very annoying. It does not happen at specific time intervals but just happens randomly but happens all the time. Usually, the title of the song is blue and the background is black but when this happens, the title of the song goes black and the background goes all bright blue. Is this a problem with the installation wiring or is it a setting I have to fix in the head unit?

Another quirk I have is that I did not install the trim that came with the head unit because the car trim did not look like it would fit over it. Now, I have a small gap between the head unit on top, bottom, left and right to the trim. Is this normal fit or is there any way to make it perfect snug and fit?

Thanks for your help. Also be posting this on socalevo for more input.
the color changing back and forth sounds like what it normally doesn from factory.. you can set it so that stops... just tuen the deck off hold the button down that puts you to the menu to chage the clock, and change the setting that says reverse.. to off

and ya thats a fairly normal fit... most likey have to make it fit tightly and fill the gap
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robevo8
the color changing back and forth sounds like what it normally doesn from factory.. you can set it so that stops... just tuen the deck off hold the button down that puts you to the menu to chage the clock, and change the setting that says reverse.. to off

and ya thats a fairly normal fit... most likey have to make it fit tightly and fill the gap
+1
it's a demonstration option you can turn off.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had high hopes for my 9800bt but I've been disapointed with it. The reverse mode is annoying, I can't understand why anyone would want that on. My bluetooth was sometimey with my old Razor, it would refuse to connect or cause the unit to shut down every so often, now it doesn't work with my new Shine AT ALL. On top of that, I have the Pioneer RCA pop/whine problem that I need to take care of.

But the trim piece fits fine. Any one else have a Shine able to get it to work with their Pioneer?

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know this was posted awhile ago, so if not solved...

you have the "Reverse mode" on, that is where the blue and black will go back and forth and invert the color scheme, this can only be turned off when the radio is off. If I remember by pressing "band" with the radio off shuts the reverse off

as far as the gap goes, there is a trim ring that you can purchase for just about ANY aftermarket radio. it actually goes behind the factory hvac/radio bezel in the slot to fill in the gaps. i know metra makes this piece and comes with the dash kit 99-7001

circled in gray

ive put this in SEVERAL evos/lancers and looks great with NO GAPS
Old Mar 11, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think the trim rings are designed to work in a din (japanese) installation.

You have to have a phone that will allow your phonebook to be imported. My old razor (verizon) wouldn't do it.