Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

2-din install help!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2-din install help!!

was just wondering for u who have already done this...i already have the orbital kit. i am about to buy a system from a website that offers "FREE Installation Mounting Kit and Wiring Harness." did u guys need anything additional hardware for the install? i am planning on buying the clarion max675vd. Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

The orbital kit comes with instructions. You do not need any aditional hardware unless you damage the 3 circular stickers on the climate control bezel when you remove them. They need to be transfered to the orbital lower bezel. Mine would not stick to the orbital bezel so I ended up glueing them on. I'll replace them with new ones if they begin to peel.

You do need the free harness that the website is giving you. The Orbital instructions will tell you exactly where to drill new holes in the oem radio mounting brackets so that you may re-use them to mount the Clarion Max centered in the dash. It shouldn't be too difficult. The part you will most likely have trouble with is getting the lower bezel in the dash. I ended up removing a bit of metal from down there. Goodluck!!!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

not sure what wiring harness they are going to give you, but the mitsu harness was like 11 dollars from autozone and its all labeled to it made the install a lot easier..
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:16 AM

Dont need anything but just wiring harness. Do you have the Sound Package?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fastsrt4u
Dont need anything but just wiring harness. Do you have the Sound Package?
He has an MR. Standard stereo.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

This post outlines my troubles:https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=orbital

If you have MR gauges... and want to retain them with the stock connections you are gonna need to splice into your new wire harness (assuming you have somewhere to put the gauges since your going 2din w/ relocation) If you are removing the MR Gauges you can plug up the vacuum line behind the radio or at the intake.