Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Mitsu OEM with a little Orbital.....

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03evo4g63
He does not have the galant climate controls. Those are the factory evo controls with the orbital lower piece. Do a search for galant relocation. I recall reading a thread a while back with a detailed explanation of how they did the galant relocation. good luck.
Searched but couldnt any detailed writeup... I did read with interest on the one did by Banks. the factory hvac controls was cut out and fitted into the lower cubby. I wonder how did he secure it? glue?
Old May 30, 2008, 10:05 PM
ntx

Originally Posted by friedpiggy
PM me as well please.

I ordered the double din panel from Japan parts. https://www.japanparts.com/db/partsl...dle=2&small=13

I've received the panel It doesnt come with the locking tabs? Or does anyone know the correct part number for it? The one I ordered was PN: 180-006-003 mitsubishi accent panel.

On the rear of the panel it is attached with double sided tapes??
I intend to keep the stock single din and dunt intend to cut a 2 din hole in it to stick this double din panel on.
pm'd
Old May 31, 2008, 09:09 AM

does anybody know were i can get a orbital kit please i need one let me know send me a private message thanks
Old Aug 8, 2008, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

WHO STILL WANTS TO BUY AN ORBITAL???

POST YOUR INTREST IN THIS THREAD:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=360788

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalistiK_EvoIX
looks like you do a lot of neat custom work, you wouldn't by chance be able create something for the evo ix like the orbital Dual din conversion kit with HVAC relocation kit would ya...and if so how much.

Thanks,

Jeff

GREAT WORK!!

We looked into that, I am just not sure how much demand there is still for that piece. We are willing if there is enough interest.

LETS GET THIS GOIN GUYS!!!

Jeff
Old Aug 9, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, I am working in conjunction with Wicked CAS to create a Dual din kit with HVAC Relocation and we are trying to gather information as to what everyone is looking for. We want to know your thoughts/ideas....Finish texture? Color? Smooth finish? Textured? Somewhat of a installation skill required or Easy bolt on? ETC. ETC....

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!! I need to put together a list of people that are wanting one.

Also,

Any input is greatly apprecitated, Please PM ME!! NOT Wicked CAS!!!!!! as they are already working very hard on this trying to get something put together, we do not have a price yet or expected finish date so please give them a little time to get something in the works, and if we have any new information at all we will let everyone know.

So like I said... PM me and let me know what exactly everyone wants, do we want different color options, totally OEM look to it?? Do we want it to be as easy to install as possible or would we mind if it took a little bit of skill??

like I said, any suggestion/input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff (BalistiK_EvoIX)
Old Aug 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

i think if you make something that looks like it came from the factory with the same texture/color/finish as OEM dash parts with no gaps and smooth edges, you will have a lot of customers. Myself being one of them.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 06:06 AM

Am looking at doing this to my car and am really interested as to where you soursed the parts for the faceplate and the relocation of the aircon dials etc. Please send a link? If you made it yourself how hard was it?