Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Engine Oil Light

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i had the exacty same problem, replaced the sensor for 20 bucks and solved my case. im almost sure its a common problem on ix's
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ColdEvolution8
My oil pressure light does the same thing, but that's ever since I removed the stock airbox and used an adapter to run a cone filter. The air/fuel is totally off since it's sucking alot more in. When come to a light or any type of stop.
When I have the A/C on, then push the clutch it to be in it neutral at a light, my rpm's drop below normal really quick and then come back up. When that happens, my light comes on for a second, then goes away.

BUT i def know that ever since I changed the filter, it does that alot when comming to a stop...I think I might just go back to stock box.
Same thing happens here. It's fine it just thinks it's going to stall since it dips really low. When your RPM's dip so low it flickers, cause it almost stalls. Nothing I'm worried about, as long as it doesn't show up while driving.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2006gsxr1000
The same thing happened to my 06 MR. When I would come to a stop light and sit for a few seconds the oil light would flicker on and off randomly. If I would "blip" the throttle the light went out. Long story short, I found the oil pressure sensor connector was corroded causing the light to come on. I replaced the connector and the sensor and less than $20 later problem solved. Good luck!
TY SIR YOU ARE MY SAVIOR
MY CAR DOES EXACTLY THAT LIGHT COMES ON WHEN I AM STOPPED BUT ONCE I AM RUNNING IT GOES AWAY.
CAR RUNS AS IT SHOULD ILL LOOK INTO THE SENSOR THEN. THANKS A BUNCH.
IF IT IS THE SENSOR THAT IS BAD WHERE DO U GET ONE FOR 20 BUCKS??
Old Jul 7, 2008, 03:53 PM

Got the sensor at the Dealer
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SRT-TO-EVO
Same thing happens here. It's fine it just thinks it's going to stall since it dips really low. When your RPM's dip so low it flickers, cause it almost stalls. Nothing I'm worried about, as long as it doesn't show up while driving.
Yeah, it never happened to me while driving. Only like I said, when comming to a stop light or sign.

Went back to OEM intake with drop in, still happy.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 04:30 AM

Once When I Was Going 160KMPH On HighWay For About 2 Hours, Its Showed On For Seconds Only Then It Desappeared For Ever.

Do You Think That The Tempreture Was High??

Sorry For The Really Bad English.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice Idea on the sensor-- may also consider running a high viscosity ( thicker) oil then what you currently put in since its summer and running a little warmer. The hotter the oil the thinner it gets, the less pressure it registers..if you are using 5-30, try a 5-40 or 10-40, that will get you fixed so you don't drop a few ibs of pressure at idle while warm.. This will do the trick.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

If you have an external oil filter housing with cooler then it's on there. Look above the right front axle where the filter is and it's sticking out pointing towards the rear of the car. If you don't have an external oil filter housing it's located I believe on the back of the block about half way down in the middle. Let me know if you have other questions. I'll try to help the best way I can. I know this is annoying and a little scary.
can u specify a little more to my dumb ***
i looked all over the filter area and i didnt see a single wire around that area.
i have a evo 8 03 anybody know where this thing is located a pic maybe?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

If you have an external oil filter housing with cooler then it's on there. Look above the right front axle where the filter is and it's sticking out pointing towards the rear of the car. If you don't have an external oil filter housing it's located I believe on the back of the block about half way down in the middle. Let me know if you have other questions. I'll try to help the best way I can. I know this is annoying and a little scary.
Doesn't everyone have an external oil filter housing??? I have an evo 8 w/ the oil cooler. I looked under and there is nothing electrical by my oil filter or the housing.