Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Python Alarm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Python Alarm

I have a python 881xp remote start alarm installed on my car, and i crushed my old remote 479p the other day. i bought a replacement online and now I'm trying to figure out just how to have the alarm work the way it should with the new remote. Ive read the instruction manual and its complicated to say the least so if anyone can help out i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance

lunchb0x
Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's really no better way to explain it other than the manual. You should be able to take it to any dei/viper/hornet/python/clifford/anyothercompanythey'veboughtout dealer and have them program it for you. I think bestbuy and circuit city can even do it for you. If I remember correctly I believe the going rate is anywhere from $15 to $50. That's what it was several years ago, anyways.

It really is a lot easier than it seems if you just read the instructions while you're doing it. Just read fast so it doesn't time out and you have to start over. Read them several times before actually trying it so you can familiarize yourself with what you're doing. If you have any specific questions, just ask.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

ok well my main question is does this valet switch 2 times, hold on the second turn the key to on press the lock button once let go of the valet switch shut off the ignition and shut the door really re-learn what ever is on the system already?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

If I remember correctly, you have to program each button and button combination for each channel. ie you have to individually program the lock button, unlock button, remote start combination (if so equipped), any other auxiliary channels that you're using (power window modules, etc.)

It's been a few years since I've messed with alarms, so it may have changed.

Actually, I'll look it up for you since I'm at work with nothing to do.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

lol i appreciate it. well last night i decided to be brave and attempt to mess around with it. i'll tell you neighbors dont like hearing alarm chirps at 1 am lol. after going down the sequence of what the manual told me i figured out that it was off. or at least i was doing it wrong or somethin w.e. I finally found a combinatioin that worked and the buttons do what i want them to do. i dont know if they are correctly telling the brain everything that the alarm should be doing but o well its good for the moment..

anyways im still really in need of help as far as what button sequence i should be doing. how many clicks on the valet switch i need for lock, unlock, remote start, valet, etc. please someone help. im very good with this stuff, just need a good manual to read over i guess if iwant to do it right
Old Jun 19, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry, but I couldn't find anything at work. We have a really slow connection and I couldn't get the manual to load.

Do you have the installation manual?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Well i downloaded the 881xp manual from 12volt.com BUT the instructions dont seem to match up with what i was doing last night. if i was to set the lock button to arm.....it would wind up being remote start. if i was to do the unlock button as disarm...it would be lock so it was just all over the place
Old Jun 20, 2008, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Open the drivers door. Insert the key in the ignition and turn to the on position. Press the valet button twice and hold on the second press. While holding the valet button, Press and release the lock button on your remote. You should hear the siren from the alarm give one full blast. Release the valet button. Turn the key to the off position. You should here one last full blast from the siren. Check all your buttons for correct operation. They should all be working properly. If that did not work, PM me. You've got other issues.