Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

CF Trunk fitment?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2008 | 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

CF Trunk fitment?

Au Right, so I have a ralliart carbonfiber trunk purchased from a vendor who is no longer a part of evom. The trunk fitment on the car (which was supposedly OEM specifications) is about 1/4" off. The trunk just doesnt line up if you use the holes that the stock trunk uses. Does anyone know if this will effect my car and the trunk? i cant have my DD trunk leaking in hawaii... it rains a lot here... anyone have any recommendations on what i should do?

thanks
ed
Old Jul 29, 2008 | 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
Au Right, so I have a ralliart carbonfiber trunk purchased from a vendor who is no longer a part of evom. The trunk fitment on the car (which was supposedly OEM specifications) is about 1/4" off. The trunk just doesnt line up if you use the holes that the stock trunk uses. Does anyone know if this will effect my car and the trunk? i cant have my DD trunk leaking in hawaii... it rains a lot here... anyone have any recommendations on what i should do?

thanks
ed
modify it, that's pretty much the only thing you can do...try to maybe move the trunk brackets around to line up with the trunk holes
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

thats what i was going to do... was hoping there was a guru that had a better alternative than drilling the trunk brackets...
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Ralliart made a CF truck for the EVO?

Do you have pics?

My friend had a CF truck for his EVO also, and it too was off about that much. One side of the truck just stuck up a little more than the otherside and it was obvious that the truck was not matching up with the rear panels of the EVO. He just left it as is, however, my suggestion to you is to take it to a body shop. They might have the experience to make to fit right.
Old Jul 30, 2008 | 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR
Ralliart made a CF truck for the EVO?

Do you have pics?

My friend had a CF truck for his EVO also, and it too was off about that much. One side of the truck just stuck up a little more than the otherside and it was obvious that the truck was not matching up with the rear panels of the EVO. He just left it as is, however, my suggestion to you is to take it to a body shop. They might have the experience to make to fit right.

that was going to be my next route if no one ha a DIY solution... thanks shiftt
Old Aug 12, 2008 | 02:50 AM
Account Disabled

I had the same problem wat you do is add washers to raise the trunk latch then hammer the latch once at a time close ur trunk till it fits perfect also remove the trunk springs so it doesn't fling open
Old Aug 12, 2008 | 02:56 AM
Evolving Member

Take it to a body shop, not too hard to fix.