Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Viper 5701 and 03 Evo Help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper 5701 and 03 Evo Help

Ok so I have everything installed in the car and the alarm portion works fine.
With the exception of the domelight supervision.

But more importantly. I need help with the ignition wires.
Here are my wires from the car.
Function ------- polarity----------------Vehicle Wire
Constant------------ + -------------------- white
Ignition-------------- + -------------------- blk/wht
Accessory----------- + --------------------- blu/wht
Accessory 2--------- + ---------------------- blu/blk
Starter--------------- + ---------------------- blk/yel

so, so far this is my connection
Function--------------------------------------- alarm wire---------------------vehicle wire
(+)Ignition 1Input/ouput ------------------------- pink -------------------------- blk/wht
(30a Fused Igntion 2/ Flex relay Input 87--- red/wht-------------------------not connected
Accessory Output----------------------------------orange--------------------------blu/wht
(+) Starter Output (car side starter kill wire)---violet--------------------------blk/yel (S)
(+) Starter Input (key side starter Kill wire)---green-------------------------blk/yel (k)
(+)fused(30a) Ignition Input-----------------------red----------------------------wht
(+)Ignition 2/Flex Relay Output-------------------pnk/wht----------------------blu/blk
Flex Relay input 87a key side(if req) of Flx Relay--pink/blk-------------------not connected
Fused (30A) Accessory/Starter Input---------------red/blk---------------------not connected
.................................................. ..................................
Im getting confused about the accessory 2 wire .. Im reading that according to my connection this has to be programmed as an accessory circuit? If this is the case what other wires do I have to connect.
So far with this connection.. you can initialize rs by hitting the brake pulling ebrake releasing brake and hittings rs open door and upon arming the car shuts off. But when you try to restart the car wont go. I dont need a bypass since i removed the immobilizer I am using a different ecu a stand alone engine management system.
Any help is appreciated

Last edited by johnjonfenomeno; Aug 4, 2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is your starter wire connected to the started side of the clutch switch or relay?

You might try wiring up the red/white and red/black wires to +12v and see if that works. The install manual I have shows the red/white being the power source for ign2 (probably not needed if it maintains the car running after you pull the key) and the red/black being the source for the starter and accessory wires.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by biggie5252
Is your starter wire connected to the started side of the clutch switch or relay?

You might try wiring up the red/white and red/black wires to +12v and see if that works. The install manual I have shows the red/white being the power source for ign2 (probably not needed if it maintains the car running after you pull the key) and the red/black being the source for the starter and accessory wires.
so you are saying my connection should be as follows

Function--------------------------------------- alarm wire---------------------vehicle wire
(+)Ignition 1Input/ouput ------------------------- pink -------------------------- blk/wht
(30a Fused Igntion 2/ Flex relay Input 87--- red/wht-------------------------wht
Accessory Output----------------------------------orange--------------------------blu/wht
(+) Starter Output (car side starter kill wire)---violet--------------------------blk/yel (S)
(+) Starter Input (key side starter Kill wire)---green-------------------------blk/yel (k)
(+)fused(30a) Ignition Input-----------------------red----------------------------wht
(+)Ignition 2/Flex Relay Output-------------------pnk/wht----------------------blu/blk
Flex Relay input 87a key side(if req) of Flx Relay--pink/blk-------------------not connected
Fused (30A) Accessory/Starter Input---------------red/blk---------------------wht connected

Also for

the manual indicates that from the factory this is set to an ignition relay. I am assuming since that wire i have it connected to is an Accessory2 wire, I should change the setting on that via the remote process. On page 44 it indicates "This wire is factory programmed as ign2 and can be programmed as second accessory or second starter. I believe the blu/blk wire is considered a second accessory on this car according to this
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...5&d=1178422521

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Last edited by johnjonfenomeno; Aug 4, 2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Yes You should connect the red/white to white also. It may not have an effect on whether or not the car starts since you said the RS will maintain the engine running, but it's worth a shot. I've always used it before.

I'm a little bit more concerned with the red/black wire as the manual states it is power for the starter and accessory relays. I have a feeling that the RS isn't actually feeding the starter power when activated. Does the radio, fan, etc. stay on when the RS is activated and you pull the key out?

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the ign program and acc program is the RS will cut power to the acc wires to limit current draw during starting where as the ign wires will stay on while cranking. It wouldn't be a bad idea to program it acc2, but it should be alright as ign2.

Last edited by biggie5252; Aug 4, 2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

I have to check whether the radio and fan stay on .. I never performed it with the radio on. Im assuming now you are targeting that accessory2 wire in the ignition.

what happens is this.. The remote start sequence starts up. The lights in the dash flash and all but when it comes time to crank.. No cranking. I tested to make sure there is voltage across the purple wire.. seconds after the rs process starts. There is but the car just wont turn over. It attempts to rs 3 times but fails every time.
(+) Starter Output (car side starter kill wire)---violet--------------------------blk/yel(S)

Last edited by johnjonfenomeno; Aug 4, 2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

where exactly in the car did you hook up the purple starter wire?

Last edited by biggie5252; Aug 4, 2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by biggie5252
where exactly in the car did you hook up the purple starter wire?
he. Purple starter wire is connected to the car side of the black/yellow wire. It sees voltage only when the rs is going.. I tested this with a meter.. I think you are right... The car is not seeing the clutch switch.. I never looked into that.. I'd like to do this via relay and not just ground it.. I can utilize one of the rs outputs that send a -200 ma signal to trigger a ground on this while rs sequence is in progress.. I think I can do this utilizing the built in relay only thing is how to wire it..
Old Aug 4, 2008, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

You need to interupt the clutch signal during crank time.

You can do this by using the purple off the remote start ribbon harness to pin 86 on the relay, pin 85 should go to 12v switched ING.

87a and 87 need to splice into the clutch trigger wire.

What this does is open the clutch circuit when the remote start engages the starter circuit.

Or you can just unplug the clutch switch.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dennis F
You need to interupt the clutch signal during crank time.

You can do this by using the purple off the remote start ribbon harness to pin 86 on the relay, pin 85 should go to 12v switched ING.

87a and 87 need to splice into the clutch trigger wire.

What this does is open the clutch circuit when the remote start engages the starter circuit.

Or you can just unplug the clutch switch.
So terminal 30 is not used?

Coil not charged

Coil charged

From what i get by looking at the SPDT diagram the negative signal from the purple wire off the alarm will charge the coil in the relay causing it to switch from 87a to 87. But I believe 30 still needs to have a common?

The manual also indicates the purple wire coming off the rs output is not diode isolated. And since I am wiring this directly to the vehicle i must place a 1 amp diode inline to prevent feedback from the vehicle.

Is connecting this to a relay considered wiring it to the vehicle or will the relay take care of this diode isolation?

Thanks,
John

Last edited by johnjonfenomeno; Aug 4, 2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

If you cut the clutch switch wire, one end will go to 30 and the other will go to 87a, that way when the RS starts it will switch over to 87 opening the circuit while the RS is activated.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Being that when the coil is not charged ( not rs) the switch rest as 87a .. Does this mean the circuit is closed and it will still start not needing a push in the cluth. When starting normally without RS I want the added safety of needing to depress the clutch. Will this circuit give me that?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, with the coil deenergized the clutch switch will function as normal (terminals 30 and 87a are connected). When it energizes the relay will switch connecting terminal 30 and 87 (don't connect anything to 87) and it will perform the same function as pushing in the clutch, but only while the RS is activated.

Last edited by biggie5252; Aug 5, 2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Ahh got it all working now.. Thanks for everyones input. I should do a writeup for this alarm install. One more question though.. I have a spare 504D shock sensor from an old alarm.. Being the 5701 alredy comes with a built in sensor Id like to know if i should mount the spare one in the trunk or do another type of sensor like a glass break or the dual zone sensor. I see no point though in a glass breack beacause i assume if the glass breaks then the shock sensor would go off. Issue I have is that wire for the 504d is not long enough.. Does DEI make an extension for this or should I just extend the wires on my own.. and if i do this will it effect sensitivity?

Thanks,
John
Old Aug 11, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

You can use it if the alarm has external sensor inputs (you could also probably wire it into your door trigger if it doesn't). I would just go ahead an make your own extension. It may affect sensitivity a tiny bit, but not so much to worry about. If you want trunk protection, just wire in the trunk light to your door trigger. I would isolate them (diode) so your domelights don't turn on when you open the trunk.

You can easily break the glass and not set off the shock sensor.