Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

double din guage display???????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
double din guage display???????

Hopefully this is the right place to post about this.

Im have a 2007 evo 9 gsr and looking to install a double din display, thats the easy part.

Now... also I want an option to run a series of digital guages on the display, something like, oil temp, boost, knock sensor etc. etc.

Is this possible? how do I do it? and what sort of cost am I looking at?

Basically I want this setup to eliminate guages everywhere and keep it looking nice and clean inside
Old Aug 26, 2008, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

I have never seen anything manufactured that is what you are looking for. If I were you, I would get some carbon fiber and mold it to the curvature of the double din opening, and then cut out your holes for the gauges.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe you can get an car-pc and hook up the obd2 port and display stuff like that (similar to evoscan). Or you can log with a laptop and run a video out to an indash screen headunit. As far as something made specifically for that, I doubt it.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

thanks guys, Im sure someone somewhere has dgital guages running, as ou say prob through a car-pc.

I have considered fabricating the glove compartment to house a small laptop that can slide in and out for logging and displaying various guages. I think im going to give this a go and see how effective it is.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:47 AM

I believe what you are looking for is the HKS CAMP or the newer CAMP2. I haven't looked at it in a while but it was pricey a few years back and I don't believe the price has gone down any since. Check it out

http://www.hksusa.com/categories/?id=3470
Old Aug 26, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

^ that is exactly what im looking for, thanks alot. its a little pricey, but if I was to get all that info through individual guages i guess it would be a lot more expensive.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't know that the camp(2) plugged into an aftermarket monitor. I thought it was something similar to a gps unit as far as the screen was concerned. There's some on ebay. Man, I might just have to get me a screen.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tvrvic
I believe what you are looking for is the HKS CAMP or the newer CAMP2. I haven't looked at it in a while but it was pricey a few years back and I don't believe the price has gone down any since. Check it out

http://www.hksusa.com/categories/?id=3470
Thanks for the info - I knew I had seen something like this on the forums and I have been thinking about this as well.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

This is what I was originally looking for, something looking like this. I know its evoscan, but can the HKS camp2 display it without saving it? If i was to go with this setup below, I would basicaly have to be constantly logging to display the info right?

Old Aug 27, 2008, 07:17 AM

I believe you are correct. As far as I remember the gauges are only active when you are logging. Its been a while since I have used the gauge display.

Check out this youtube video of the Camp2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtsFc_QZYiY
Old Aug 28, 2008, 07:31 PM

does anybody have any pics of the HKS CAMP2 on an actual monitor??
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

keep us updated on your progress! I'd like to have some more information displayed too, but am not a fan of gauge pods sprouting out from everywhere.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

^ will do, I just think it would be a much cleaner look. I think ive found a decent double din display, but havent got any further wth anything else.
Keep you posted.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:06 AM
Account Disabled

Do you know how tall the din panel is, as it may be too thin to accomodate 52mm gauges and you may have to go with 45mm gauges and then your choices drop significantly
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

I have an idea of what youre talking about. PM MalibuJack. He was working on a beta version a couple of years ago that would display guages in realtime, regardless of logging or not. I'm not sure what its status if he ever completed it, but he's a very good programer.

Quick Reply: double din guage display???????