Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Remote starter

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2008, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question related to remote starters. Does anyone know can I just purchase a key from the stealership ($69) and then reprogram it myself?

1) I really don't want to cut a key that I will put with the remote starter interface

2) I'd like to save money instead of paying the dealer to cut and program a key.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter
I have a question related to remote starters. Does anyone know can I just purchase a key from the stealership ($69) and then reprogram it myself?

1) I really don't want to cut a key that I will put with the remote starter interface

2) I'd like to save money instead of paying the dealer to cut and program a key.
yes, easy easy easy. go to www.streetkeys.com OR http://www.streetkeys.com/order/prod...ncer+Evolution that should be the direct link for your year. OBVIOUSLY you can do it yourself. Pretty much you order a key for $40 off this site, and just as long as you have 2 keys, you can program it yourself. you HAVE to cut the key to program it. there are instructions that come with the key on how to program it (turn 1st working key in igniton to start postion 3 seconds then off, turn 2nd working key to start position 3 seconds then off, then take 3rd UNPROGRAMMED key turn to start 3-4 seconds and VIOLA programmed) this comes with key.....

etc etc, once key is programed, make sure it starts then if you choose to, shave off teeth with grinder and put it into bypass

if you have questions feel free to message me. this is what i did for my remote start.

Last edited by evo4g63awd; Dec 5, 2008 at 08:28 PM.