Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Which regular Lancer trunk lid will fit my Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which regular Lancer trunk lid will fit my Evo?

I searched on this forum but didn't find a clear answer.

I have a 2005 Evo VIII. I'm looking for a silver trunk lid without the spoiler because mine with the spoiler just keeps attracting cops. I don't want to remove the spoiler because I want the car to stay stock for good resale value. I just want to find a plain trunk lid that fits, so I can swap it out and keep the stock trunk lid with the spoiler in my attic.

Supposedly the trunk lid from a regular Lancer (not sure what years) will fit on my Evo. But who knows for sure?

I've confirmed that my Apex Silver Evo has the same paint code (A31) that is used on some of the regular Lancers. Paint codes can be confirmed with the VIN at the dealer. I'm not interested in painting to match, so don't bother suggesting I get a wingless lid from an Evo RS and paint it.

And please: Only reply if you have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE and are ABSOLUTELY SURE if the trunk lid will fit or not. I'm not interested in rumors or hearsay. I'm looking for specifics here. Please specify EXACT YEARS AND MODELS of regular Lancer trunk lids that will fit my 2005 Evo VIII.

Thanks!

Last edited by evoatcha; Oct 30, 2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evoatcha
I searched on this forum but didn't find a clear answer. With all due respect, there's an awful lot of crap in here!

I have a 2005 Evo VIII. I'm looking for a silver trunk lid without the spoiler because mine with the spoiler just keeps attracting cops. I don't want to remove the spoiler because I want the car to stay stock for good resale value. I just want to find a plain trunk lid that fits, so I can swap it out and keep the stock trunk lid with the spoiler in my attic.

Supposedly the trunk lid from a regular Lancer (not sure what years) will fit on my Evo. But who knows for sure?

I've confirmed that my Apex Silver Evo has the same paint code (A31) that is used on some of the regular Lancers. Paint codes can be confirmed with the VIN at the dealer. I'm not interested in painting to match, so don't bother suggesting I get a wingless lid from an Evo RS and paint it.

And please: Only reply if you have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE and are ABSOLUTELY SURE if the trunk lid will fit or not. I'm not interested in rumors or hearsay. I'm looking for specifics here. Please specify EXACT YEARS AND MODELS of regular Lancer trunk lids that will fit my 2005 Evo VIII.

Thanks!
2002-2003 Lancer trunks fit the Evo.

I bought a used Silver Lancer trunk from a junk yard for $200.00.

Then I brought it to a body shop to have it painted, which cost just over $250.00.

I found the trunk here: http://car-part.com/

Direct fitment: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=357744

Last edited by 6-speed; Oct 30, 2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What he said ^^

02-03's fit.