Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
3500 veiws and we still don't have anyone to make an orbital (style) kit On a side note I just picked up a Z1 with the lower orbital peice last night. But I did not get the top peice from orbital, the lower clips on the hvac peice ar broken, and it is kind of warped
Old Jan 4, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the jdm panel....from japan parts
Old Jan 7, 2009, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice custom work. There can be some refinement along the edges of the climate control area, but nonetheless, impressive craftsmanship.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:37 PM
Evolving Member

will try this when I buy my DDin and post up pics...I can work on this all day at work (on a slow day) with my coworker in our install bay haha ;D
Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry if this is Newb question What Bracket are you using to hold the double din in there?

I am currently trying to install my avic f90bt in my evo 9 and I would like to know what bracket you used and where I can get it from.

Also if anyone knows the answer to this I would greatly appreciate it.

When trying to remove the HVAC Unit from the dash I CANNOT figure out how on Earth to get the cables off of the unit itself. There are two cables that connect on each side in the back of the unit. one is black and one is blue I have them off of the arms for the controls themselves but they are running through a plastic holder which has 2 U-shaped clamps on it. I have tried for almost an hour to get them to come out but I cannot....DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET THESE CABLES OFF???
Old Jan 12, 2009, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks pretty good! not bad
Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

im telling you guys, if you get the DARKER colored JDM bezel either the black or even the more expensive blue one which i wanted but said **** that considering it was 100 something bucks you definetly will not notice the gap around the F series unit at all
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

is there any way we can install the jdm climate control knobs and get rid of the original stuff all together? i haven't found a writeup, and I'd rather do that because it's clean, oem, and permanent.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by berniEVO
is there any way we can install the jdm climate control knobs and get rid of the original stuff all together? i haven't found a writeup, and I'd rather do that because it's clean, oem, and permanent.
thats been discussed numerous times, if your willing to change out everything to that then by all means try it. but the jdm climate control is DIGITAL... ours is not its a whole mess trying to do that
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:25 AM

damn.. noticed something.. my hvac temp control, i turn it all the way to cold, but the air that's coming in still warm.. therefore i think something is with the wire in the back not turning all the way... darn it..
Old Jan 24, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by donmeca2020
im telling you guys, if you get the DARKER colored JDM bezel either the black or even the more expensive blue one which i wanted but said **** that considering it was 100 something bucks you definetly will not notice the gap around the F series unit at all
which panel are you talking about specfically...there are like 5 of them on japanparts
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

i'm sorry guys but i just don't think the dd look looks good on an iiix or ix...but to each his own....i don't like the guages at the top and the radio at the bottom either...i don't have a problem seeing my boost guage at the bottom....but anyways this is what i did....looks factory to me
Attached Thumbnails the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by kilgoja; Jan 24, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 01:57 PM

Got mine in! Thanks to the OP for this solution!

Just a little tip to those that plan to do this in the future. The HVAC control box really doesn't need to be attached to in the lower radio cubby. The force the cables put on it with the holding power of the knobs the unit isn't going to move.

kilgoja - is that not the factory MR gauge setup?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

i'm not sure what you are asking...yes i have the factory guages...i was stating that my radio looks like it came from the factory that way
Old Mar 17, 2009, 07:07 AM

Hmm.. pq, so your HVAC temp is workign perfectly fine ? because when I did mine, the temp line was too short, so i have to lossen it up, I guess thats why now when I turn it to the cold, the air that came out is not cold, but warm...

Quick Reply: the easiest solution to relocate you climate control for 2din display