Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

My Advice on Theft for All of you and how to protect your Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i never leave my car outside... except ONE time... and thats when they broke my driver window and stole my DVD in dash, EVC6 boost controller, Fuel controller, turbo timer and even loose change! The idiots didnt know what they were taking because they left the harnesses and the control unit for the EBC in the engine bay, rendering it useless. They are lucky i didnt hear them... im a licensed gun carrier and this happened on my property... now the Evo stays garaged 100%.... its the only for sure way to prevent a smash/grab. (i had to re-buy everything...sucked)
Old Dec 14, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

a good alarm is also helpful, as well as the thread starter posted check up on your car during the night. i myself am usually up always til at least 2am sometimes 3 just hangin out in the front with a couple of buddies having a few beers. but a common sense thing is definetly keep an eye on your car especially if you have valueables in it
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/44/1/

Trunk Monkey FTMW!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Good post!

Some the things I have done in the past to keep my self prepared - invest in a good alarm, battery cut-off switch, steering wheel remover and my trusty 9MM Smith and Wesson SIGMA.

Like others said if a thief really wants your car he will take it. If he really wants to break in he will do it. All I have to say is I better not be awake when its happening!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 04:03 PM

Tint is good to hide belongings and a good alarm with proximity sensors should keep you safe but there is no true way to prevent theft! only deter it!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

I am getting tint on my evo thurday , one thing not to do also is blast your music in areas you are not known at and letting that turbo spool around them ricer boys.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled

I suggest that everybody that is allowed apply for a weapons permit and utilize the right to bear arms. Protect your loved ones, your home, and your belongings with force. If everybody did this thieves would see the writing on the wall and put their energy into actually making something of themselves. Remember always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NVmySKILS
lol
Old Jan 11, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dan l
I suggest that everybody that is allowed apply for a weapons permit and utilize the right to bear arms. Protect your loved ones, your home, and your belongings with force. If everybody did this thieves would see the writing on the wall and put their energy into actually making something of themselves. Remember always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
I agree and diagree

I like the feeling of been armed but having the thought of some douche bag on the hit in need of a fix with a gun.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
not to be a jerk but most of the stuff you said is common sense.
I also agree, people will just think it's a hassle to do all that was mentioned until it's too late. The thieves know this to and if they just look into enough cars they'll find one with what they want. Don't give those lowlifes that chance.

Originally Posted by NVmySKILS
Lol, everytime someone posts something about theft prevention, this link always shows up and I always click on it because it still gives me a good laugh.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really appreciate this thread. thanks for looking out!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

they broke into my civic today too.... smashed the passenger window during the night and stole my IPOD and NAV. also took my empty laptop bag thinking it had a pc. sigh... lesson learned.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Someone can steal my Daily Toyota, I don't give a **** ... the insurance cheque would be nice actually.

As far as the Evo goes, I just never take it anywhere I need to leave it, which is actually a real shame. There have been BEAUTIFUL nights that I've wanted to take the 15 minute drive to the theaters and come out to the Evo, but take the daily instead because of how idiotic the general public are (Door dings or hit and runs) or simply because I don't feel like having it stolen.

To truly enjoy your car, you will have dings, dents, smashed windows & more at your expense ... it's a damn shame.

The only thing I do religiously is make sure I have everything out of sight, ESPECIALLY around Christmas ... stealing things seems to be easier then buying them I guess.

ZB.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

^your so right about that canadian
Old Jan 23, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any of you guys that pull your nav or radar suction cup off the window and hide them think about this.....I drive in the city for my job and thieves actually just look at windshields for suction cup marks left by these devices....

most of us leave the actual navs in the car, glovebox, and thieves are betting on that.

I have had a garmen stolen this way and I am willing to bet they knew from the windshield marks since nothing was in plan view.........but it was my company car and not the evo so it was only a partially bad day.

Quick Reply: My Advice on Theft for All of you and how to protect your Evo