Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Viper alarm broke, want to go back to stock...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper alarm broke, want to go back to stock...

I had a shop install a viper alarm. I want to go back to the factory keyless entry (bought a house and the car will be inside the garage so I dont need an alarm anymore). The alarm is pretty annoying also. Does anyone know if I cut the brain out of the viper alarm, does the factory keyless still work? Im a noob when it comes to alarms. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All you can do is adjust the sensitivity. Alarm is pretty handy esp. when you park it to parking area of shopping mall and stuff. Take good care of that Evo bro. People might mess around with it you never know.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

My transmitters broke so Im not inclined to purchase a $100 transmitter. Anyone know if an aftermarket alarm is plug n play and doesnt require the removal of the factory control unit?
Old Dec 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't call an alarm plug and play, but yes you can either have it removed or even just disconnect power to it and your factory key less will work like stock. It will work like stock anyways as long as the alarm remains disarmed.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Might try ebay or craigslist if you need a new transmitter. I live in a house and a garage and I got a alarm on the thing within 4 weeks of buying it. A loud chirp and a blinking LED goes a long way to deter people when it's parked somewhere besides your house.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Generally speaking, the factory system is still in place when an aftermarket is installed.. You just use the new remote instead of the old one...

Unless they have some kinda starter kill installed through the alarm, you should be able to just disconnect & use your factory fob again...
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ ya just make sure you dont have starter kill before you tare it out, or youll have to re solder the starter wire. and the key less will work fine alll the alarm does is trigger the lock and unlock wires... i believe through a negitive pulse (altough i havnt checked on a evo) most japanese cars are tho.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

dont goto bestbuy/circuitcity (lol) to get the transmitter!!!

Look only they can be had for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!! ebay.com?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:42 PM

with an aftermarket alam they are instaled by t-ing into your factory wires such as power, lights, and door locks; and the starter wire is cut in half and then routed through the alarms starter kill or a relay however the aftermarket hooks up if you want to remove it you can just cut all the wires out just follow them until you find where ther conected so you dont end up with a shorter harnes then you want; then for the starter kill find your starter wire off the back of the ignition lock cylinder cut the wires that wire spliced into then solder the original starter wire back together (this would be the only wire that was actually cut in half and have the alarm starter kill harness soldered to both loose ends) dont cut any factory wires in half except this one or you will be creating more work than neccesary. last step use your factory alarm like the viper was never installed

Last edited by chdb2005; Jan 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM.