Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

AVIC D1 People:

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AVIC D1 People:

I have had a couple problems in the past few months:

1. The buttons or options on the far left and right of the screen are near impossible to touch.
2. When I stop at a stop sign or red light the navi thinks I'm still going.

And just to top it off, today the damn thing tells me to put in the appropriate disk when I havn't taken it out or even touched it!?

I'll even sell it to someone who knows how to fiz it. Including a GG JDM surround piece.

Any input would be great. I'm not a stereo guy what so ever.

Dave
Old Feb 5, 2009, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mines starting to do the same thing. There is nothing to try and recalibrate the screen. Sounds more like an internal problem. Might need to send it out to get it fixed.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

SUX! How you been?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by eve-slow
SUX! How you been?
avic D1 secret service menu

You have to recalibrate the screen. Now if the ribbon connected to the screen is somehow damaged you're sol.

Frankly I do not know why Pioneer does not include this with the operations manual.

It seems that my screen calibration changes with temperature and humidity. So naturally the screen gets out of wack in the summer.

Anyhow, this is what you do.

1. open the face of the D1 all the way, as if you were to eject the dvd nav disc (but don't do it).
2. hold the reset button (just above the joystick, you need a pen to do it) and the nav disc eject at the same time.
3. let go of the reset button
4. let go of the dvd eject button. the screen will say "press reset"
5. push the joystick up twice.
6. push the joystick down twice.
7. then press the joystick. wait a few seconds and you should be in the service menu. You should be able to navigate the service menu using the joystick.
8. okay this is the tricky part. Go to the screen trace screen (I don't remember the exact name), it should be the first menu item. A screen will come up with the perimeter of the screen outlined. Trace the screen with a stylus. This somehow lets the D1 to know the available area that is "active"
9. press back, which I think is the "P.ADJ" button on the lower right.
10. go to the second menu item which is the touch screen calibration. Just use your stylus and touch the "+" sign on the screen. It's much like calibrating a windows mobile touchscreen. You will have about a dozen "+" to touch to get the screen calibrated.
11. You can mess with the other menus to see if your screen is "really" calibrated.
12. Go to option 4 on the menu to make sure trace screen & calibration is stored.
13. Turn off power (car engine and this will save your calibration)

Okay that's it. I think the D1 resets itself so you will lose your radio stations, etc. And the nav will reset so Los Angeles will show up on the nav screen for the first minute or so. So don't get alarmed.

Now here's the thing. After initially going through this thing, I could not get it to calibrate correctly in step 10. I kept pressing the "+" but could not get it to acknowledge that I've touch the screen. I suspect you have the same problem as I. So in step 8, this is what I did. When you trace the perimeter of the screen, do not go all the way to the right side perimeter. Lay off it by about 1/4". This tricks the unit in thinking that the usable screen is smaller. Then go through the rest of the steps as usual. In step 10 you may have to be off the "+" by about 1/8" of an inch to the right. You will know what I mean when you start doing it and messing with it.

Believe me, I know that it is frustrating that the touch screen buttons are off about ~1/4" to 1/2". And half the time the on screen zoom buttons and audio adjustment buttons do not work. However, if you follow this procedure, I'm willing to bet that it will work. The screen may be off just a wee bit, but at least you can access all the touchscreen functions. Give it a try.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

SUX! How you been?
I've been pretty good. Got rid of my 8 and picked up a X. How bout you?

Originally Posted by kinglasserres
avic D1 secret service menu
How did you find this!?! Thanks! I'll have to try this out. I actually dont have the unit anymore, I ended up putting it in my mom's car and she was the one who started noticing it wasnt allowing you to select certain parts of the screen.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

All good. Trying to enjoy the weather and work the shop at the same time!

You shuold come through for a wash or whatever sometime. I'd like to see the X.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

king, thank you so much for the response! I'll have to try tomorrow.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by evo4g63awd
I've been pretty good. Got rid of my 8 and picked up a X. How bout you?

How did you find this!?! Thanks! I'll have to try this out. I actually dont have the unit anymore, I ended up putting it in my mom's car and she was the one who started noticing it wasnt allowing you to select certain parts of the screen.
trust me guy the secret service nemu is there as long as you did it right and follow the instruction you'll see it there alot off thing on the service menu. i bought my d1 from some guy that thinks is broken and unrepairable but i know is just need a recalibration. just give it a try
Old Feb 11, 2009, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

All good. Trying to enjoy the weather and work the shop at the same time!

You shuold come through for a wash or whatever sometime. I'd like to see the X.
Now that I have black, I am even more meticulus about washing my car. I fear swirls and scratches I was going through st charles on 64 several times not to long ago, but have realized what a nightmare that road is to try and get anywhere on! Once the weather gets a bit nicer, im sure we will have a meet around wherever.

Originally Posted by kinglasserres
trust me guy
try again

i believe you, i was just saying it was crazy that you found the menu. I was just curious if you took it somewhere or called pioneer, or whatever
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by evo4g63awd
Now that I have black, I am even more meticulus about washing my car. I fear swirls and scratches I was going through st charles on 64 several times not to long ago, but have realized what a nightmare that road is to try and get anywhere on! Once the weather gets a bit nicer, im sure we will have a meet around wherever.

try again

i believe you, i was just saying it was crazy that you found the menu. I was just curious if you took it somewhere or called pioneer, or whatever
No biggy.... got it from AVIC411.com
Old Feb 18, 2009, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the instructions!!!

Just did this on my mom's D1 and it seems to work perfectly fine again! !
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

We can have a meet at the shop in the summer. We did it last year and it was pretty cool. We have more neighbors now so we will have to ask. We had bbq and drinks too.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
I've never had any such problems with my D1, but I know that pioneer tends to cut corners on some of their electronics...especially when it comes to connectors.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

anybody had problems where the screen will not open on rare occasions?