Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

JDM evo hvac

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM evo hvac

Ive tried to look for pictures of the inside of a jdm(rhd) evo 9 with the double din panel but i have had no luck, if the car has a double din panel or double din radio, what kind of hvac system do it have in it then....i havent been able to find threads on it rele either so if anyone knows of them please reply with the link or let me kno your opinion
Old Feb 25, 2009, 09:24 AM

bueller? buelleler?? ferris bueller???
Old Feb 25, 2009, 09:56 PM

can anyone help me??
Old Mar 13, 2009, 07:47 AM

Digital climate control is the normal fare on JDM vehicles. They have cabin temp sensors, and quite a few other things that the USDM cars do not come with nor are wired for. I know that a handful of guys with the S14 crowd have installed JDM climate control in their cars...but it was not easy, cheap, or worth it.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by CWhiteRun
Digital climate control is the normal fare on JDM vehicles. They have cabin temp sensors, and quite a few other things that the USDM cars do not come with nor are wired for. I know that a handful of guys with the S14 crowd have installed JDM climate control in their cars...but it was not easy, cheap, or worth it.
hey thanks for that info, just trying to find a way for me to be able to put my new double din radio in my car because i cant seem to find anyone willing to sell that orbital double din kit...and ppl making them are looking for like 750-1000 dollars
Old Mar 15, 2009, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 95lsvtec
hey thanks for that info, just trying to find a way for me to be able to put my new double din radio in my car because i cant seem to find anyone willing to sell that orbital double din kit...and ppl making them are looking for like 750-1000 dollars
Search eBay for "evo facia" and you'll find to guys selling the trim for a double din for about $80, but you'll need to modify the hvac controls to fit where the factory cd changer goes. Kenwood also has a kit, but it doesn't show where to buy on the website. Also, when searching for jdm evo's, use "evo 2 din uk" on the google image search, that might help...
Old Mar 15, 2009, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cyanide
Search eBay for "evo facia" and you'll find to guys selling the trim for a double din for about $80, but you'll need to modify the hvac controls to fit where the factory cd changer goes. Kenwood also has a kit, but it doesn't show where to buy on the website. Also, when searching for jdm evo's, use "evo 2 din uk" on the google image search, that might help...
Here is an example of what you hvac will look like after the conversion

Then you can insert a double din radio into your car. Its just a matter of moving your stock hvac to the lower cubby hole via special brackets.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:19 AM

is there anywere that sells the parts for the jdm hvac with wiring
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:11 PM

bump looking for jdm or uk hvac controls and wiring for them... thanks
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

There was a guy that had a picture of his dbl din he built himself. So many people were asking him to make one he might have started doing it for a cheaper alternative. It looked nice too
Old Mar 20, 2009, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You could try this alternative:

It's oem mitsubishi, and works just like the evo HVAC controls (the JDM unit is completely different, not cable driven like USDM) it's din sized so you could fit that in the lower cubby and have a double din, the best part is it will look completely OEM. I don't know if it will work, I am just giving you an option (the unit is not expensive, you can find one cheap on ebay and try) good luck.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 08:37 AM

thats the one from the galant right??

It's oem mitsubishi, and works just like the evo HVAC controls (the JDM unit is completely different, not cable driven like USDM) it's din sized so you could fit that in the lower cubby and have a double din, the best part is it will look completely OEM. I don't know if it will work, I am just giving you an option (the unit is not expensive, you can find one cheap on ebay and try) good luck.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 21, 2009, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 95lsvtec
thats the one from the galant right??
I believe so, I have them on my montero also..... the thing is I think they will work on evos because they use the same mechanism with the dial on the left for temperature control, the dial on the middle for fan speed and the one on the right for position selection. Try ebay for "mitsubishi heater controls" or "mitsubishi climate controls" if you find a good working unit for a decent price it might just be the solution for your double din project let us know how it goes.

Last edited by Evoardo IX; Mar 21, 2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cool why is it when the ac is on with the recirc button on when you turn the ac off the recirc button goes off as well?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 04:48 PM

yea i rele dont care tho i would rather spend the money and time to do the jdm hvac... anyone know where i can get one

Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
I believe so, I have them on my montero also..... the thing is I think they will work on evos because they use the same mechanism with the dial on the left for temperature control, the dial on the middle for fan speed and the one on the right for position selection. Try ebay for "mitsubishi heater controls" or "mitsubishi climate controls" if you find a good working unit for a decent price it might just be the solution for your double din project let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: JDM evo hvac