Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

right turn signals stay on?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
right turn signals stay on?

this morning after starting the car... I noticed the right turn signal on the dash was solid green?
I went and looked and my pass side tutrn signals are on all the time as long as the car is on?

please help me I am out of warranty as I have 82k
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:39 PM

Down at the kick panel under the carpet by the fuse box on your drivers side there are connectors that enter from the fender wall and connect at the kick panel . These connectors get corroded from water entering from the fender wall.I believe there are several topics on this and a possible solution to your problem if you search 'electrical gremlins from rain' this might be an idea. Good luck!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Did you look to the connectors mention in the sticky here
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

well I thought it wouldn't be corrosion in the connecters as porcarro Mitsubishi replaced the wireing harness a year ago. Well the corrosion is back so I'm going there tomorrow to see if they will cover it. The car is now out of warranty but the did charge warranty $975 for fixing it once already
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Did they seal the grommet????

Seal the grommet hard solder everything and enjoy
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jamevo8
well I thought it wouldn't be corrosion in the connecters as porcarro Mitsubishi replaced the wireing harness a year ago. Well the corrosion is back so I'm going there tomorrow to see if they will cover it. The car is now out of warranty but the did charge warranty $975 for fixing it once already
Holy crap, that's a lot. Good luck
Old Mar 6, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I took it into Porcarro Mitsubishi in Racine Wi... They told me they just replaced the wiring harness last year and did not seal the gromet as that is what a rubber gromet is for?
I told the service advisor that I wanted it sealed this time as it obviusly leaked again.
I believe they are covering it as I told him they should stand behind there work as this is a reocuring problem and obviously was not fixed right the first time...

Ill post the update when I get the car back today